That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
classicrockrevisited

JOHN LYDON BLASTS GREEN DAY
This News Is Brought To You By VH1’s Dave Basner

Former Sex Pistol John Lydon is spouting off about some fellow musicians. He told the L-A Times that he “hates” Green Day and goes even further to say, “I can’t stand them. To me, they are like coat hangers, and haven’t earned the right; they haven’t earned the wings to be wearing the mantle of punk.” Pretty harsh words. Green Day’s new live CD/DVD is out on March 22nd.

TIDBIT: Definition of “punk”: “A youth movement of the late 1970s, characterized by loud aggressive rock music, confrontational attitudes, body piercing, and unconventional hairstyles, makeup, and clothing.”

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I'm sure Green Day will be alright! Bitter loudmouths don't derail a career so I doubt this would even be a blip on Green Day or their fans minds! :grinthumb

Death on Credit

Reaction score
I'm sure Green Day will be alright! Bitter loudmouths don't derail a career so I doubt this would even be a blip on Green Day or their fans minds! :grinthumb

Well, you never know...Lydon is one of the band's biggest influences, so I can see them being a bit stung by that kind of comment.

At the same time, though, being insulted by John Lydon is kind of like a badge of honor.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Sounds like sour grapes to me...I don't mind Green Day, I play "American Idiot" once in a while...one of my friends thinks Dookie is their best work we agree to disagree about that.

If nothing else it gets GD's name in the press, and as Sooty loves to say any publicity is good publicity.:grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online