John Lennon's Murderer Up For Parole August 9th.

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
I have every empathy for Yoko.

I don't. And I don't buy, not for a split second, any of her bull shit. I truly believe she never loved John. She loved his money, and she loved owning a powerful, famous puppet to make dance when the mood suited her. She is a pure piece of manipulating, talentless shit. They could hang her right along side Chapman -- That would be real justice. BOTH the murderers of John Lennon executed together, and sent to hell together, to the musical accompaniment of John and Paul's "Two of Us." The BS Yoko is selling -- I'm not buying.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I don't. And I don't buy, not for a split second, any of her bull shit. I truly believe she never loved John. She loved his money, and she loved owning a powerful, famous puppet to make dance when the mood suited her. She is a pure piece of manipulating, talentless shit. They could hang her right along side Chapman -- That would be real justice. BOTH the murderers of John Lennon executed together, and sent to hell together, to the musical accompaniment of John and Paul's "Two of Us." The BS Yoko is selling -- I'm not buying.

I can see where you are coming from.

However, any problems that John or The Beatles had on account of Yoko Ono are John Lennon's fault alone. He chose to get involved with Yoko.

Nobody was controlling him. John had a mind of his own and he was one of the most important people in the world. Lennon could have just as easily told Yoko to go jump in the lake the second he met her or just slept with her and never called her again. Performers as successful as him don't get told what to do or ordered around by anybody. Not if they don't want to be.

Anything bad that happened with him or the band as a result of Yoko's presence is because John Lennon wasn't watching what he was doing and allowed all of it to happen.

If the guy was in the mood to just ditch his wife, he could have done that with thousands of other women and he would have had no trouble finding someone who would have kept their mouth shut and stayed out of the band's business.

The reason bands break up is because one or more people in the band are stupid and let things happen. I never believed in the theory that girlfriends, wives, producers, record label execs or managers are responsible for ruining any band. That's hogwash. It happens because the people who are really in control don't put their foot down when it comes to outside influences.

John Lennon is most responsible for the Beatles breaking up.

As for his death, that's nobody's fault but Chapman's. Even if Lennon had stayed married to Cynthia or hadn't been outside that particular day, if Chapman was as obsessed with killing Lennon as has been reported then he was going to do it one way or another.

Last edited:

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
I think Yoko absolutely had control of John. That being said, if John were still alive, I bet he and Yoko would be divorced right now. Had Yoko not conveniently gotten herself pregnant with Sean, John very well may have divorced her at that time. Yoko knew what she was doing from day one. You should look into the whole May Pang thing.

Yoko is repulsive in every way and she is pure 100% shit. I have no sympathy for her and I don't believe anything she says.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Well I don't know...whether one person likes Yoko or one doesn't I cannot argue. I do feel they loved each other. As far as getting pregnant with Sean? She lost...what....two children before Sean??

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
Well, I think John loved her, but she didn't love john. As far as the miscarriages, I forgot about that, but still, John and Yoko were supposed to get divorced prior to that brat being born. It just seems all to convenient to me. Yoko is a horrible person, that I am sure of.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I think Yoko absolutely had control of John. That being said, if John were still alive, I bet he and Yoko would be divorced right now. Had Yoko not conveniently gotten herself pregnant with Sean, John very well may have divorced her at that time. Yoko knew what she was doing from day one. You should look into the whole May Pang thing.

Yoko is repulsive in every way and she is pure 100% shit. I have no sympathy for her and I don't believe anything she says.

I don't doubt she was a gold digger who was obsessed with becoming an icon herself.

But if John was being controlled and made questionable choices because of Yoko Ono, he was the irresponsible one for letting it happen in the first place.

Nobody ever told Mick Jagger or Keith Richards from the Stones what to do. Nobody ever told Gene Simmons from Kiss what to do. Nobody ever told Kurt Cobain of Nirvana what to do, including Courtney Love. Nobody ever told Axl Rose what to do, including his band members or record label.

Aside from John Lennon, the only other people I can think of who were content to let a spouse run all of their affairs were Ozzy Osbourne (Sharon Osbourne) and Ronnie James Dio (Wendy Dio).

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I don't know about Kurt, man. If he had the strength to enforce his will I don't think he would have felt so trapped as to kill himself.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Meow Tomcat :D Yoko maybe in a prison not of her own making. Love her or hate her, I believe a lot of John's fan have grown to love her and I just feel, give the woman a break.

John loved her for a reason.

Besides no one bastardised him for abandoning Julian and leaving him with Cynthia.

I loved John Lennon and still do and I have every empathy for Yoko.

Getting back to the thread, I think Chapman should stay where he is until he dies and I feel that about all killers. An eye for an eye.

I think it is wrong that we glamorise these ppl also, I mean theyve made a bloody film about Chapman now, how wrong is that?

Wow , I read through all of this thread , alot of anger and good points on both sides of this issue..

I agree with you Cinder..I've never been a huge fan of Yoko Ono but over the years I've come to realize that it doesn't matter WHAT I think of her..John Lennon loved her..if you don't believe that..then you never LISTENED to John's music very well ..it RIGHT in there..plain as day

He was married to her and fathered her children (sean was the only one to survive) He was very happy being a father and I know that he was trying to rebuild his relationship with Julian at the time of his murder..I feel the greatest loss in this crime is not that we his fans lost him..but HIS family lost him..

I don't think this issue of parole is about what the world wants..
because it's YOKO who is opposing the parole..BECAUSE she feels scared for herself AND John's children. ..

thats REALLY important ..the victim's family is afraid..it should be seriously taken into consideration when figuring out the justice in this..

I don't think it should be about that it was famous person's murder or nobody's murder..What is best for those involved the victims and the violator.

In this case, Chapman is better off in jail..he is unstable...he chose John Lennon to focus his hate at, and Johnny Carson was also on his hate list..
tomorrow it could be Miley Cryus or you ..people in his mental state , direct things is very scarey terms. It's fair to say that we don't know the reasons he REALLY did things..fame, was one thing he DID want tho..I've read many things about him /he DID state he didn't want to be a nobody...he was angry at John because he had read about all the money Lennon had earned through the investment that Yoko recently made in Cattle..he thought John was a phoney etc ..it pissed him off..he bought a gun..

plenty of celebs piss me off..I don't buy a gun and gun them down in cold blood IN FRONT of his wife..in a public place ,where OTHERS might also have been harmed...

in the back ,John was shot..that's lame btw..couldn't FACE his demons even then...the man is not stable

Therefore he SHOULD be in prison...

he is a threat to others..I don't believe he changed ..he's been in prison,...what could he do there? I mean really..being good./finding god ..good for him..but for everyones safety , he belongs where he is..

if theres any doubt he'll murder again..thats where he belongs plain and simple..I don't care who he killed..

on a personal note:

I hope he stays there til he dies..it's not for me or anyone to decide to forgive him..thats between him and his own beliefs..

he took someones life/he gave up his in return..thats fair to me .

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I don't know about Kurt, man. If he had the strength to enforce his will I don't think he would have felt so trapped as to kill himself.

I used him because in general people expected him to embrace his fame and celebrity instead of running away from it. And he wanted nothing to do with that.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Well, I think John loved her, but she didn't love john. As far as the miscarriages, I forgot about that, but still, John and Yoko were supposed to get divorced prior to that brat being born. It just seems all to convenient to me. Yoko is a horrible person, that I am sure of.

I'm not going to try and change your opinion (and I respect it) nor do I know how much time you have had invested in the Beatles as a whole. I have many years invested in the band and all 4 solo careers. I am a completist (including Yoko,Sean,Julian ect.) and attend Beatle Fest every year.

Yoko was an artist in her own right who could care less about John at first. He persued her. I mean if Bjork married John Lennon I don't think the majority of the world would like her music (or her) either.

As far as the divorce?? You're really thinking of the lost weekend where Yoko booted John out for 18 months for cheating.

I don't think you have to like Yoko Ono as a person or an artist but I do believe your overall perception of her is wrong. Your opinion is right.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.