John Lennon's Murderer Up For Parole August 9th.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Finally, exactly.
And Like I said before, the guy clearly didn't do it for fame, or for anything like that. He obviously had problems. But he's been well behaved for almost 20 years now, there are people who get paroled after 3 years, there was this one murder, someone murdered a teenager with their friend, in 2006, guess what, last year one of the murderers got paroled for "good behaviour", so MDC did the same thing, except with a 40 year old man, and hes been locked away for 30 years. I hate murder as much as any of you, but thats not justice, don't double standard, either keep others in as long as him(which I would prefer, but its unlikely), or let him out as long as he keeps his behaviour well.

I agree in principle. But it's also not as cut and dry as that. The man is and/or was mentally ill. Jail isn't just punishment it's to keep people locked away who might harm others, and if Mr. Chapman is still "crazy" he may be at a higher risk for comitting crime than the people who get paroled quickly.

I do agree: equal crime, equal time. But unfortunately the world is a complicated place so... high profile prisoners get kept away so that they don't get killed. :confused:

If I ever go away for any reason (presumably, I've been falsely convicted), I pray I can get one of those mostly-solitary deals that people like him and Phil Spectre get. No rape and beatings... sounds almost decent. But there's nothing we can do.

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
So you support murder as long as its not John Lennon? Thats basically what I got out of it. It shows that you don't really care that he committed a murder, its that he murdered John Lennon.

That's putting it too strongly. But Ladyislingering does seem to be particularly repelled by the deed because the victim was John Lennon.

:wtf:

LXA

Old Noob
Reaction score
Everyone obviously doesn't care that its murder, if so they wouldn't be giving death threats, hoping someone murders him, etc.
And wasn't John Lennon about Peace, Love, and Forgiveness and all that stuff?
Wouldn't this all count as forgiveness? it looks as if hes learned his lesson, its beatle fans thats are keeping him in. I'd give him a chance if he got out, and he should be responsible for his own protection, people on the internets shouldn't decide whether he stays in or not because of the people who want to murder him

Flower

retired
Reaction score
^^^I believe that it is the Parole Board that decides along with some tests from doctors as to his mental state. Not that tests can't be faked.

I agree that all murderers should be treated equally.

Alas, there are many different 'degrees' of murder .. plea bargains .. attorneys that are 'owed favors' .. etc.

All these things factor into someone's release.

That being said, I do believe that if Chapman murdered someone who wasn't famous that it's very possible that he might be out of prison by now.

I admit that I don't know the details of the case or of Chapman's current mental health or if he even wants to get out.

:dunno:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
And wasn't John Lennon about Peace, Love, and Forgiveness and all that stuff?

Not to mention the irony of Chapman being placed in Attica.

it looks as if hes learned his lesson, its beatle fans thats are keeping him in. I'd give him a chance if he got out, and he should be responsible for his own protection, people on the internets shouldn't decide whether he stays in or not because of the people who want to murder him

:wtf: We're not the ones deciding anything here, brah. We're speculating and discussing an issue on a discussion forum... that's gotta be the most outlandish concept ever, huh?

I highly doubt that Beatles fans are the reason Chapman is behind bars. As Flower noted, it's not our decision and never has been.

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
But why go on about this guy as opposed to any other killer?

:huh:

Because the Beatles made so many people happy. Now if someone killed your wife, or mother or whatever...You would take a personal interest in seeing to it that bastard (or bitch) pay. It's the same thing here. John Lennon (as opposed to John Ono) touched us personally, so we feel strongly about seeing that bastard Chapman suffer

I think they should put the ****er in a cage, and put that cage on a on a flat bed semi, and drive his sorry ass through the streets on NY while people pelt him with whatever they want. Then they should hang him by his rotten neck in Time Square and televise it. They could make it pay per view, and then donate the money to John's real family, who Yoko, denied, ripped off and screwed for the last 40 years.

Last edited:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
You are being ****in' gr1m, dawg.

Here's your new favorite song:

My post was edited. *cries*

Last edited:

Cinder

Reaction score
Meow Tomcat :D Yoko maybe in a prison not of her own making. Love her or hate her, I believe a lot of John's fan have grown to love her and I just feel, give the woman a break.

John loved her for a reason.

Besides no one bastardised him for abandoning Julian and leaving him with Cynthia.

I loved John Lennon and still do and I have every empathy for Yoko.

Getting back to the thread, I think Chapman should stay where he is until he dies and I feel that about all killers. An eye for an eye.

I think it is wrong that we glamorise these ppl also, I mean theyve made a bloody film about Chapman now, how wrong is that?

Last edited:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Because the Beatles made so many people happy. Now if someone killed your wife, or mother or whatever...You would take a personal interest in seeing to it that bastard (or bitch) pay. It's the same thing here. John Lennon (as opposed to John Ono) touched us personally, so we feel strongly about seeing that bastard Chapman suffer

That's exactly it in a nutshell.

I do try and muster some sympathy if the killer is suffering from a mental illness which caused them to commit the crime. But I know some murderers try and get an easier ride when they are caught, by pretending to suffer from mental illnesses and it is hard to disprove if they are lying. If they say they heard the voice of God and he told them the victim was the devil and he needed to kill him for the sake of mankind, how can a psychaitrist know if it's the truth or not?
But ill or just pure evil a life has been taken and I believe in a life for a life so Chapman should never be freed. If it was his unstable mental health that caused him to murder Lennon, he should stay locked up til the end of his days, as should anybody else who commits such a crime but if 'sane' (in inverted commas because how can any sane person murder an innocent in cold blood?), well, being a humane person, I'd give him a quick send off with a bullet to the brain at point blank range.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online