joe's jazz club

joe

Reaction score
^^^Beautiful. A jazz swagger, definitley. I know of her but never heard her music. Sounds similar to Kate Bush(?).

wonderful to hear a ladies voice down hear at joe's to lighten the atmosphere, especially after some intense jazz-metal fusion.

any drink of your desire Soot & Stars, on the house of course:cheers2

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Thanks Joe and I think Tori was very influenced by Kate Bush who I'm getting into recently as well! Thanks for the drink especially since I'm not sure I've been in enough to pay my tab! :lmao:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
O.K., I will delete this is you feel like I trampled hallowed ground here but I really like these Jazz Rap fusions here and find them legit as they aren't just playing samples. In fact, the featured trumpeter, Gerard Presencer, has some good credentials. Also the rap is more smooth like a singer than a rapper so the whole thing goes down great IMO and is slick finger snapping material.

Us3-Cantaloop

The next one is more of a smoky lounge Jazz rap fusion and the vocals really mesh with the bass! It's more rap than singing but it's laid back and in sync with authentic instrumentation!

Digable Planets (Cool Like Dat)

If I've broken house rules don't attack me with a pool stick or throw a drink at me! Just point the way and I'll show my drunk ass out! :lmao:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
AGHORA

aghora.jpg

No disrespect toward Tori Amos intended as Soot already knows that I am a fan but she is definitely not the first female to front the musical stylings at Joe's. You must have slipped out the back door when Aghora was arriving to set up my friend.:heheh:
a small write up on the band.

Floridian progressive/jazz metal band (Featuring Santiago Dobles, Sean Reinert of Cynic/Death, Alan Goldstein, Diana Serra, Giann Rubio). Their latest release was Produced by Santiago Dobles and Neil Kernon. Also mixed by Neil Kernon (Queensyche, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Judas Priest , Nevermore). Formless and Aghora set the standard for female fronted Metal & Progressive Music.

Discography: Aghora (2000), Dobles Productions Transitions (2006) (demo compilation) Formless (2006), Dobles Productions

Current Line Up: Santiago Dobles - guitars, banjo, sitar, bells, shakers, chants, etc... Diana Serra - voice Alan Goldstein - fretless 5 and fretted 6 basses Matt Thompson - drums

joe

Reaction score
alright gentleman. good to see you guys have settle down:grinthumb

I'll have to stop bringing in these beautiful woman.

alcohol and testerone is a no-no here at joe's:D

:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Some stellar acts struttin' their stuff at Joe's the last few days, my next band I think Only Joe will know, but I am going to wait for him to book his next act first.:cheers2

joe

Reaction score
LG you go ahead. I've got some business to take care of.

I have some job interviews.

I'm hiring a couple of new bouncers.:box:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I wish you the best of luck with your interviews Joe.:tup:

I'll have the band posted later today, I will be curious to see if you know them.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online