joe's jazz club

joe

Reaction score
AGHORA

aghora.jpg

No disrespect toward Tori Amos intended as Soot already knows that I am a fan but she is definitely not the first female to front the musical stylings at Joe's. You must have slipped out the back door when Aghora was arriving to set up my friend.:heheh:
a small write up on the band.

Floridian progressive/jazz metal band (Featuring Santiago Dobles, Sean Reinert of Cynic/Death, Alan Goldstein, Diana Serra, Giann Rubio). Their latest release was Produced by Santiago Dobles and Neil Kernon. Also mixed by Neil Kernon (Queensyche, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Judas Priest , Nevermore). Formless and Aghora set the standard for female fronted Metal & Progressive Music.

Discography: Aghora (2000), Dobles Productions Transitions (2006) (demo compilation) Formless (2006), Dobles Productions

Current Line Up: Santiago Dobles - guitars, banjo, sitar, bells, shakers, chants, etc... Diana Serra - voice Alan Goldstein - fretless 5 and fretted 6 basses Matt Thompson - drums

I did know Aghora had a female vocalist but it completely slipped my mind. I do have 'Formless' on CD. It's been awhile since I've given it a listen. At times my brain just gets overloaded with all the info. At times I should just 'shut 'er down'. Easier said than done.:grinthumb

joe

Reaction score
^^^Absolutely not. I'm a big fan of the genre.

joe's is open to everything that is jazz related.

It's a diverse community we live in and here at joe's we embrace it.:grinthumb

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Here's one I'm sure you're familiar with Joe, 70's French Canadian fusion band Sloche:

I just heard it for the first time today, it's pretty sweet! :grinthumb

joe

Reaction score
^^^ Know them well. In the early/mid 70's in the province of Quebec there was a prog explosion led by Maniege, Harmonium, and Sloche. Symphonic prog and jazz fusion are probably the best labels to describe these bands.

Salmicus, a case of Kokanee waiting for you at the door after last call. A B.C. beer brewed in the Kootney mountains. Remeber no open alcohol in the car.

Soot and Stars the videos were disabled by youtube so I couldn't listen to them. I'm not a fan of rap, but I'm willing to try anything, well...almost anything.:heheh:

joe's doesn't want any punks or gangsters raising hell.

you can bring in some artists that do have some hip-hop along as it's with a tinge of jazz

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Thanks Joe :cheers2 And besides, who says I'm driving? ;)

(Frogg Cafe do! :p)

But seriously, I've heard a lot about Harmonium, I guess now is the perfect time to get into them too since I've just started my journey into the world of jazz fusion! :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^My rowdy friends might wreck Joe's nice establishment if Rap/Hip-hop makes it's debut...:lmao:(Not a fan of Any of it's numerous variations and never will be.)

Here's another "Local" band for Joe's patrons to check out, I only have one of his albums and it's an old vinyl copy but it is in excellent condition.

Dale Jacobs, Cobra.

DaleJacobs_Cobra.jpg

joe

Reaction score
Nice stuff LG.:grinthumb

I know nothing on him. Is he Canadian?

"josephine, a bottle of the finest for the Mayor":cheers2

" you're probably wondering where jo jo is. Well, I canned her as I caught her and LOU in the men's room. It wasn't the first time I caught her. Great waitress, but she's a **.":lmao:

Frogg Cafe would be an excellent show:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
He's a producer who worked on numerous projects Televison movies etc. based in Vancouver back in the late 70's & 80's Joe, no expert but I did stumble across that album by sheer chance and it is a fine record.

Thanks for the bottle.:grinthumb

(Shania is available to wait on tables, in case you need a reference I'll vouch for her.:D)

Shania-Twain.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online