Joe Jackson (Official Thread)

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Joe Jackson (born David Ian Jackson, 11 August 1954, Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire is an English musician and singer-songwriter now living in Berlin, whose five Grammy Award nominations span from 1979 to 2001. He is probably best-known for the 1978 hit song "Is She Really Going Out with Him?" and for his 1982 hit, "Steppin' Out"; and for his 1984 success with "You Can't Get What You Want (Till You Know What You Want)". He is also known for his 1978 song "Got The Time", covered by US thrash band Anthrax in 1990.

Along with Elvis Costello and Graham Parker, Jackson was a part of the trio of English artists who challenged the punk scene and brought a New Wave sound to the United States in the late 1970s. He was popular for his power-pop and new wave music early on before moving to more eclectic, though less commercially successful, pop/jazz/classical musical pieces.

Reaction score
Re: Joe Jackson

Great thread Sunny:grinthumb

I really, really like Joe Jackson.. He has some great tunes, and I was turned on to him from the BBC Crown Jewels series they play on VH1 Classic every once in a while.. He's an absolutely terrific performer..

I actually don't own any albums by him.. Just a few singles I downloaded..
He is great, here are some of my favorites:D

Sunday Papers

On The Radio

Is She Really Going Out With Him - cool accapella version

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Sunny I see your Muse is restless again...:D

I like Joe Jackson too, and he was a breath of fresh air when we heard his debut album in the 80's. I have three of his albums, but lost track of him after a while. Doesn't surprise me he went into jazz/classical flavored music eventually, he was a very talented pianist.

album-look-sharp.jpg

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I have Look Sharp as well and always loved hearing Is She Really Going Out With Him on the radio when I was like 14??? :grinthumb

How aout that great tune that ANTHRAX covered and made a single out of??

Reaction score

I could swear the Anthrax version of that song was in a Tony hawk Pro Skater video game I used to play:think:
I knew both versions, and both are actually very cool(even though I'm not much of a metal guy:D)..

He really is such a great performer.. If we were able to time travel, he would definitely be one of the guys I'd go back and see..

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online