Jimmy Page irked at the London Olympics

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I just think of it as... It's a collection of sporting events, so yes there is definitely more of a chance for scandals, corruption, etc. However I just don't see why people wouldn't watch based on that. It's just not fair to the athletes in my opinion but it's fine. Look at all the mishaps and stories in American professional sports and people still watch. :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Because I find almost all track and field boring among other things. And there is no "esprit de corp" or magic about the Olympics any longer, it's a bloated event more aimed at the prestige of hosting it than the games themselves.

Let those who watch enjoy it...but I'll say this all the big networks that bid for the rights end up losing money, the last Summer Games that made money were the Los Angeles Olympics the year the Soviets boycotted them.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I hate track and field too. I'll admit some of those very last minute upsets and inspiring back stories of some of the athletes make for good Olympic moments but I've never seen the appeal.

Last games I remember being at work and we all stopped what we were doing when Michael Phelps was competing, customers and employees alike. It was great to see everyone united to watch him break Mark Spitz' record. One thing that still irks me to this day is whether or not the Chinese gymnasts met the age requirements or not. That left a sour taste in my mouth.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Maybe if he'd put out some new material (hint!) we'd have a lot more to talk about here. :D

Fever

Reaction score
Track and field is great:grinthumb. I ran track and cross country all through high school. The 1600 is just as exciting as any bike race:D

zephead

Scream for CREAM!
Reaction score
Page upset about being ignored by the London Olympics... He's ignored in a thread about him being ignored. LOL!
lol.
To add to the current digression, I can add do my bit to steer things back to music (although steer away from Jimmy Page).

Found this Led Zep tribute band.

Get The Led Out

I think they did a great job!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Track and field is great:grinthumb. I ran track and cross country all through high school. The 1600 is just as exciting as any bike race:D

I was the fastest athlete in every school I ever attended and all the track and field coaches tried to get me interested in joining the teams and competing, but for me I'll take a team sport anyday, or tennis for a change of pace.

I've raced bikes and it is harder than any other endurance event I've ever participated in including marathons. Triathlons are something I've never attempted and my old age now there is no chance I'll ever give it a shot.

George...:heheh:...like Jen said if he did more Music and less blathering then perhaps we would be talking about Jimmy in this thread.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Olympics gives me more reason not to watch much TV personally.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
George...:heheh:...like Jen said if he did more Music and less blathering then perhaps we would be talking about Jimmy in this thread.
Bruce... Page can't do anything without a noteworthy singer. I really, really liked the album he did with Coverdale. Maybe he can revisit that again. Page should take up Daltrey's offer of working together too. Right now he can be considered "semi-retired"... :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craqdi

Members online