Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock 1969

V

vlasy1

So, what do you all think of Jimi Hendrix's performance at Woodstock? I really liked it- its my favorite live recording of any artist. I'm sure many people disagree with me, but I like it. I would have liked to hear those congas being played, though. Also, what was with Juma Sultan's weird-looking congas? It looked like they had cloth wrapped around them.

Reverend Rock

cool music and hot coffee
Reaction score
Re: Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock

It's certainly not a bad performance (was Jimi even capable of a bad performance???), and of course his Woodstock rendition of "Star Spangled Banner" is absolutely priceless. But compared to other recorded live performances, it's probably only fair to say that it's not the best live Hendrix out there.

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score

I really like that "Band of Gypsies" DVD. I didn't know there WAS footage of those shows so it was nice to see one of my favorite records come to life.
I think that "Machine Gun" footage is pretty amazing.

Serena

Reaction score

i loved it. however my dad got to see this performance live and he thought he absolutely butchered the national anthem. in fact, he didn't care for the whole concert, i think he was more worried about surviving than anything else.

irontony88

Reaction score

I liked the performance of the star spangled banner by Hendrix at WOodstock..That was cool. Not only that though

daveboy

Reaction score

I used to have a video of that performance
and what a performance!!

The Band of Gypsies come on stage just as the suns rising.
with Hendrix is off his face. Then he blows everyone away

WOW!!!

Benjji_BR

Reaction score

I like it, but it seams kind of boring compared to the rest of his concerts: First of all theres so few people there and they're not very enthusiastic for that matter besides at that time he was so tired of playing those songs that he didn't do it with the feeling and intensity he did in earlier shows. I like the one at Monterey pop much better but still his randition of star spangled banner is legendary.

Edit: Made a misstake, Wrote Montreal instead of Monterey.

Last edited:

eccentric man

Reaction score

just for future reference MONTEREY is a central california town that hosted an international pop festival 40 years ago that still gets crazy attention.

MONTREAL is a eastern canadian town better known for it's international jazz festival.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online