Jethro Tull (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Jethro Tull

^^That was yesterday though Velvet...so you are back to looking abnormal again.:grinthumb

hawk11

Reaction score

Jethro Tull is one of my all-time favorite bands though kind of lost interest after Stormwatch. While "Aqualung" is generally considered to be their best album, I think "This Was" is very underrated. Also liked some of the Tull spin-off bands like Blodwyn Pig, Wild Turkey and The Mick Abrahams Band.

Some favorite Tull tunes :

Hymn 43
Back to the Family
To Cry You A Song
Minstrel In The Gallery
Move On Alone
Life's A Long Song
Rainbow Blues
Wind Up
Witch's Promise
Skating Away On The Thin Ice Of The New Day
Inside
My Sunday Feeling
Cup Of Wonder
Too Old to Rock And Roll
One White Duck

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score
Second to the right then straight on till morning

Jethro Tull is one of my all-time favorite bands though kind of lost interest after Stormwatch. While "Aqualung" is generally considered to be their best album, I think "This Was" is very underrated. Also liked some of the Tull spin-off bands like Blodwyn Pig, Wild Turkey and The Mick Abrahams Band.

Some favorite Tull tunes :

Hymn 43
Back to the Family
To Cry You A Song
Minstrel In The Gallery
Move On Alone
Life's A Long Song
Rainbow Blues
Wind Up
Witch's Promise
Skating Away On The Thin Ice Of The New Day
Inside
My Sunday Feeling
Cup Of Wonder
Too Old to Rock And Roll
One White Duck
There are some great Tull songs on your list Hawk11. Another Blodwyn Pig fan I see. There's a Blodwyn Pig thread which I started when I joined here and I try to post regular updates but with Mick Abrahams' illness there is not much news at the present. I think Mick's contribution to rock and blues is criminally underrated and I hope future generations will come to see him certainly as an innovative performer, composer and musician.

hawk11

Reaction score

There are some great Tull songs on your list Hawk11. Another Blodwyn Pig fan I see. There's a Blodwyn Pig thread which I started when I joined here and I try to post regular updates but with Mick Abrahams' illness there is not much news at the present. I think Mick's contribution to rock and blues is criminally underrated and I hope future generations will come to see him certainly as an innovative performer, composer and musician.

Thanks jeffrey and didn't know about Mick's illness till I read your thread on Blodwyn Pig. I'm sorry to hear it and totally agree how underrated he is.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.