Jethro Tull (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Jethro Tull

^^I have gotten lucky myself when it comes to picking up CD's for bargain prices, and it's only fair considering we are all on our 2nd or 3rd copy of some of the albums we simply must have in the collection.

I will post the next album tomorrow, maybe Jeffrey will surprise us with more cool stuff to drool over, or Sox will have some last words about "Broadsword..." before we move on.:cheers2

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Couldn't possibly finish here without saying ... "Cheerio"

The track that Tull used to round off many a show :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^That song reminds me of this one off SFTW Sox...it ends the album and is a "Goodnight" to all of us after 40 minutes of enjoyment.:hab:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^He sure has done a Lot of work on some big projects over the years Jeffrey. I liked the cover on his collaboration with Nick Sagan. I didn't even realize Carl had a son, one of my favorite people and an inspiration for me I was really sad when he passed away a few years ago now.:(

I will have the next Tull album up later tonight, time to press onward I can see the finish line now.:D

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

I can see buying multiple vinyl LPs tracing a favoured artist's career, but being a dinosaur from aeons past I just can't see tracing an artist's career through individual CDs. As a result, I don't have any of Jethro Tull's CD only releases. With that in mind, would this CD be a good one for me to get to keep me appraised of what the fellows have been doing in the last twenty years?

86ae9833e7a0e83d424e3110.L.jpg

:huh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I only have M.U. Volume One Hep, I owned the vinyl when it came out and it was one of the first CD's I bought.

Jeffrey will have better advice than I do, I have all of his studio CD's now. I think a true fan like yourself should at least consider picking up Rock Island, Crest of a Knave and Catfish Rising.

Pick up that Marantz CD player you like so much with the nice A/D converter built in and get it over with. When I play some of the SACD's or DVD-A's they are stunning in their own right. Is vinyl nice when cared for and played on great equipment? Certainly, the same can be said for proper digital equipment as well.

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

Well I've actually only had a CD player for 2 1/2 years now! The other reason I've been dallying about picking up this very tempting Marantz SA8004 is of course all those fabulous new SACDs I'd absolutely have to buy!

Attachments

• Marantz-SA8004-SACD-Player.jpg
    Marantz-SA8004-SACD-Player.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 35

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

Lord Grendel said:
I think a true fan like yourself should at least consider picking up Rock Island, Crest of a Knave and Catfish Rising.

Mmmmm! You know I do love them catfish!

Attachments

• catfish.jpg
    catfish.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 35

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

You don't Need an SACD Hep...there are some old CD's that are as good sounding as the vinyl copies. You should buy the player before it becomes hard to find. Then start collecting any of the CD's you want.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online