Jeff Lynne's ELO signs with Columbia...

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
Jeff Lynne’s ELO signs with Columbia...

JEFF LYNNE’S ELO SIGNS WITH COLUMBIA...

medium.4hoDKOV9c18yY5o-aUbQsSXqt4A2Dik5HOc2MZ1NsL0.png

Known as one of the most iconic forces in history, Jeff Lynne’s ELO has signed a global deal with Columbia Records and is set to deliver a new album which will be the first new ELO music in 15 years. As with ELO’s previous chart-topping albums, Lynne continues to serve as ELO’s producer, songwriter, arranger, lead singer and guitarist. In September 2014, for the first time in 30 years, Jeff Lynne's ELO headlined BBC Radio 2's "Festival In A Day" in London's famous Hyde Park to a sold- out crowd of 50,000 fans in attendance and nearly a million people tuned in to watch.

Lynne was the creative genius behind ELO which sold more than 50 million albums worldwide, had more than 20 Top 40 Hits across the U.S. and the U.K. and received countless awards and accolades. At the time of ELO’s formation, Lynne had said the goal was to create modern rock and pop songs. A goal that remains true some 30 years later with the creation of new material.

:grinthumb

Last edited:

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Back where they started, eh? I hope it goes well for them.

Though I'm kinda surprised any legacy group would sign with a major label these days.

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
Back where they started, eh? I hope it goes well for them.

Though I'm kinda surprised any legacy group would sign with a major label these days.

Yeah, Electric Light Orchestra was previously with Columbia Records from 1978-1986, then Epic in 2001!

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
I thought the same thing when I read the title. Hopefully this means they will put out some new stuff.:)

Well, the article does say "and is set to deliver a new album which will be the first new ELO music in 15 years."

TMG

Titus Maximus Headphonius
Reaction score
When did they change from 'ELO' to become 'Jeff Lynne's ELO' ? ... since he already is lead singer, and writes all the songs, and arranges all the music, and produces all the albums, and probably drives the tour bus and makes the sandwiches for the backstage buffet, isn't it already pretty much clear enough that it's his band?

But I'm all for a new ELO album, they're one of the great (and most importantly) rare true original sounds in rock, surely everybody has some ELO songs that they love, but then Lynne is a top talent and always has been going back to The Move, and the stuff he did with one of my idols,Tom Petty, was top shelf, and I kind of wished they'd worked together more, to say nothing of the amazing work Lynne did with Travelling Wilburys, 3 of the Beatles, Joe Walsh, Roy Orbison and others.

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
When did they change from 'ELO' to become 'Jeff Lynne's ELO' ? ... since he already is lead singer, and writes all the songs, and arranges all the music, and produces all the albums, and probably drives the tour bus and makes the sandwiches for the backstage buffet, isn't it already pretty much clear enough that it's his band?

Yeah - I'm not sure if that's the official name of the band, or if maybe the journalist has just wrote it that way. Though I think Bev Bevan toured a version of the band for a while.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online