Reaction score
logo-main-353x.png

Eric-Avery-Really-Quits-Janes-Addiction.jpg

Official Website

Nothing's Shocking (1988)
Ritual de lo habitual (1990)
Strays (2003)
The Great Escape Artist (2011)

Another band and another missing thread we don't seem to have! Well we'll just have to fix that because I know there are quite a few JA fans here at CRF!! :grinthumb

Not many albums but they were pretty damn huge in the late 80's and early 90's there...and we can't forget Perry and Lalapalooza. Seems there would be alot to talk about!!

Enjoy the Official Jane's Addiction thread!!

Mountain Song

Been Caught Stealing

129800-addictionshocking.jpg

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I love Jane's Addiction as a band. They are hands down one of my favorites out of early alternative bands with "Stop" being a particularly strong highlight. It's just one of the most overdriven and energy filled songs.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
They're still great live from everything I've ever seen, though age has taken a bit of a toll on their on stage energy.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Jane’s Addiction on hiatus, Farrell confirms

rrell+John+Varvatos+8th+Annual+Stuart+dskz_jc_7I9l.jpg

Jane’s Addiction are on hiatus while frontman Perry Farrell focuses on his Las Vegas musical, he’s confirmed.

The band last year released standalone single Another Soulmate, while Farrell had previously discussed making a follow-up to 2011 album The Great Escape Artist, saying: “We have material left that we didn’t record. I’m very inspired to keep with the theme. Something’s feeling right about it.”

But now he’s revealed the band are on hold until at least 2015. He tells Rolling Stone: “Jane’s Addiction is going to take a hiatus. It’ll be a couple of years before you see Jane’s again.”

Farrell is working on a show called Kind Heaven, set in war-torn Thailand and based on a love story between a soldier and a civilian. He describes it as “a musical written with a house sensibility”, adding: “If Giorgio Moroder had written a musical, it would sound like this.”

He’s not planning to appear in the show himself, which he intends to be “immersive”, with audience members walking through the set as the performance is delivered around them. “It’s better than sitting in seats,” he observes.

Jane's Addiction on hiatus, Farrell confirms | Classic Rock Magazine

Bahb

Reaction score
Didn't see them with their own "Official Thread" That's a shame as they were so influential and rocked!

My favorite song of theirs would have to be Three Days.

Whats yours?

Starchild

Little Dreamer
Reaction score
I've always loved this band. I met Dave Navarro and he mentioned me once on his radio show. He used to give me sex and love advice. LOL :)

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
I like about five Jane songs, and this is one of them:

I never thought Navarro was all that great when he joined the Chili Peppers (like, I didn't get all the hype about him), but when I saw Camp Freddy about ten years ago, I saw him in a different light and I was blown away. I'm still not into all his tats, piercings and psychotic imagery, but seeing him play live changed my mind about him as a guitarist.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn