Is Bob Marley Respected For His Art and History Or Is He Just An Icon For Marijuana?

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Re: Is Bob Marley Respected For His Art and History Or Is He Just An Icon For

I mean look at alot of 80's Dead fans, but that also isn't to say that there were not 80's people that liked the Dead's music.
:cheers:
Please don't mention The Grateful Dead in a Bob Marley thread. lol.gif wink.gif
:heheh:

I don't want to piss anyone off, but I always though of Bob Marley's music as a buzz kill.

In the 80's, I went out with this girl a few times, and we got high. And she put on some Bob Marley. 20 minutes later I was begging her to put something else on, because the music was bringing down my head.:mad: lol.gif

Personally, Bob Marley and marijuana don't mix. Go figure.

I don't know if I'm adding to the topic or not, but I just wanted to share my story. I hope I didn't piss off any Bob Marley fans.
:cheers:

Vintage

Vintage Rocker
Reaction score
Re: Is Bob Marley Respected For His Art and History Or Is He Just An Icon For Marijua

Marley's music and political beliefs overshadow his marijuana use, IMO.

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score
Re: Is Bob Marley Respected For His Art and History Or Is He Just An Icon For Marijua

Bob Marley died of Acral lentiginous melanoma had nothing to do with pot smoking. Although part of the reason it spread to the rest of his body is most likely because he didn't take care of himself propably because he was too busy getting high.

If memory serves he left it to Jah to heal him - or not.

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

Marley's music and political beliefs overshadow his marijuana use, IMO.

You can separate Bob's music from his marijuana use but his marijuana use is intertwined with his political beliefs. Marc Emery is another example of a fellow spotlighting marijuana use as a political cause:

Marc Emery Biography

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online