Iron Maiden (Official Thread)

Beethoven

Reaction score
Yes the artwork has always grabbed my attention from being a kid in the 80s. Powerslave has a fantastic cover despite not featuring Eddie.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Couple of other albums I recommend is Brave New World, Somewhere in Time and Piece of Mind. Those 3 are classics. Also Number Of The Beast is deemed a classic but I personally think the 3 I mentioned are superior albums but definitely check out Number Of The Beast too.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Number of the Beast is considered among their top 3 albums and usually wins most polls for favorite Maiden recordings.:D

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^Number of the Beast is considered among their top 3 albums and usually wins most polls for favorite Maiden recordings.:D

Indeed and its not hard to see why. I love the album myself. In terms of favourites though I have to say Brave New World, Powerslave and Seventh Son are ahead of it though. :grinthumb

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Yes the artwork has always grabbed my attention from being a kid in the 80s. Powerslave has a fantastic cover despite not featuring Eddie.

Take a look at the Sphinx's face.

I love Maiden. With a gun to my head, I'd probably take Piece of Mind as my favorite. Flight Of Icarus, Where Eagles Dare, Sun And Steel. Top notch Maiden.

E-Z

Reaction score
Each to there own 'metalheads' but the only Maiden things that i've got in my collection are-

1.The soundhouse tapes (cd)
2.Iron Maiden cd
3.Killers cd

I would like to get my grubby hands on the Maiden Japan live recording one day??.

Please note all the above recordings feature (the great) Paul Di Anno. :grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Di'Anno era was good, loved Iron Maiden and Killers. I am glad they got Dickinson in though, his vocal range far suited Iron Maiden better. Better than the Bayley era although The X Factor was a decent album and a couple of songs on the very ordinary Virtual XI were half decent.
Brave New World is among my favourites, it is the steer in the right direction they needed. Number of the Beast is good but not in my top 10 favourite Iron Maiden albums.
Wicker Man is a classic opener.

I never get tired of Ghost of The Navigator.

Listened to The Final Frontier the other day. Not bad but far from their best work.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I know Wicker Man all too well!! My band does that tune almost every gig!

We only do a couple remakes a show, but that's always one of them.

oakdale dude

Reaction score
The Di'Anno era was good, loved Iron Maiden and Killers. I am glad they got Dickinson in though, his vocal range far suited Iron Maiden better.

Agreed, Di'Anno was great on the first two Maiden Albums. His singing was raw and the material suited him well. But I think that for all of the reasons he was replaced by Dickinson, first and foremost was that he did not fit into the musical vision that Steve Harris had for the band, and let's face, Maiden was always Harris' baby since day one.

There was no way that Di'Anno even as good as he was on the first two albums was going to be able to vocally pull off Maiden's future material in any credible way and especially not to any liking from Steve.

Last edited:

zeppelin rocker

Ready to rock!
Reaction score
I'm not really the best Maiden fan but i like their 5 fist albums + Seventh Son, i also like the others a bit but only for 2 or 3 songs. I think my favorite album is Powerslave.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.