Iron Maiden (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Blaze Baley has done a collaboration with Chris Declercq. Chris is a talented guitarist, songwriter, and session musician currently playing with the band Sextus. Chris is working on a solo album and has released the first single, A Miracle Away, witch features Blaze Baley on vocals and Iron Maiden keyboardist, Michael Kenney along with Puddle of Mudd drummer, David Moreno.

I think they did a good job together :grinthumb

Matt

Reaction score
The birthplace of heavy metal (AKA Birmingham) / L
Ah, Iron Maiden, my second favourite heavy metal band and probably my fourth favourite of all time. I've listened to them for as long as I can remember having an interest in music. I always liked the way they never sang about the traditionally heavy metal Them vs. Us, sex and drugs carry on that dominates a lot of the genre, instead focussing a lot on history and battles and working off that. Run to the Hills is still my favourite song of theirs, about White Man's invasion of America:

And then of course The Trooper, from Lord Tennyson's poem and based on the Crimean War (I think):

I have to say I think Bruce Dickinson is a genius, one hell of a vocalist yet still the pilot, fencer, businessman and Eurosceptic Conservative off-stage, he's a very unique character, certainly one of my icons in music.

Also I do have to ask, why do so many give Janick Gers a hard time? I know he replaced Adrian Smith but then stayed after he rejoined, do people think he outstayed his welcome or something?

E-Z

Reaction score
Bruce appears as a guest on the BBC radio 4s ANY QUESTIONS programme tonight 02/11/12.

ANY QUESTIONS is a 'live in front of an audience' radio show that features 4 invited guest's usually from a political background but not always who answer questions from someone in the audience on current affairs and politics.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I've been giving "A Matter Of Life And Death" plenty of play lately and all in all I think it's a belter that just keeps growing on me. Dark themes with meaning served up in a heavy, progressive manner ... just my cup of tea.

The Longest Day

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I'll keep an eye out Sweat, I know they are doing Donington (Download). A quick belter from their last album.

Coming Home

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online

No members online now.