Iron Maiden (Official Thread)

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
No Prayer for the Dying is not their best. I remember running to the shop to get it, and was at first deeply dissapointed. It sounded like a repeat of the other albums. But over the years I began to like it more. It still is not their best, but it has some good songs. Like this one: Mother Russia

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^The one where Adrian Smith left because of musical difference ?

I like it EF, infact once my headphones have recharged I may just have to drag it out and give it a whirl.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Yep, Adrian left before the album was recorded. Hooks In You is his only contribution. Yannick Gers joined the band. They had enough of the sound on Seventh and Somewhere. More stripped down sound they wanted. Did not work out completely. The next album Fear Of The dark is much better.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No Prayer and Fear of the Dark are both pretty weak albums to me, the latter being far too full of filler.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^ Strange thing, though I wouldn't put them up with the first three with Bruce I really enjoy both "No Prayer For The Dying" and especially "Fear Of The Dark" and as time goes on I seem to like 'em more and more.

Grunge

Grotesque Perversion
Reaction score
Iron Maiden never did it for me.
I made a pretty effort-filled attempt to.
Thought they would be the type of band that I hated in the beginning until I thoroughly listened to them consistently and naturally grew on me.
No avail after a full length ear to their discography.

I can still recognize a band being of quality level without letting my personal taste intervene. That's the case with Iron Maiden. Bruce Dickinson has quite the vocal chords on him, holy hell. On top of it he's an airline pilot apparently. They also gain respect in my book for sticking with the drive and continuing it since the early 80s. Their albums released throughout the 90s I felt were mediocre and borderline awful/straight up awful. They did rise and redeem with "Brave New World" and "Dance of Death" when the 2000s era began. I appreciate their early stuff which is what I definitely wouldn't mind listening to here and again.

In fact I'm going to give their self titled, Piece of Mind, The Number of the Beast, and Powerslave album a listen again.
Which are the only ones left standing after a heavy delete of "Eh" music in my library :tongue:

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree their 90s albums for the most part were pretty average. Although I liked the X Factor the rest were simply weak albums.

Recky

Reaction score
reck'n'roll: UP THE IRONS...

SO...I been on a Maiden kick as of late...watched the Death on the Road, Live after Death El Vivo, and the Early days dvds...First saw the boys on the Number of the Beast tour when they hit Sydney...and have been hooked since then...seen them a few times since ...and now a question
YOUR FAVOURITE MAIDEN GUITARIST (past or present) IS :.........?
mine is Adrian Smith

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I'll play devil's advocate and say Dave Murray. Dave is the only original member other then Steve after all.....Smith is a great pick though...love his work in Bruces solo material as well as Maiden;s discography.

Unlimited Power

Reaction score
Paul Di'Anno-era for me. Iron Maiden is a bonafide classic and Killers makes for a great B-sides collection. They lost some of that raw punk energy after Paul left and became a little too eurovision-cheesy for my taste.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xoxosta

Members online