Iron Maiden (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Iron Maiden

^^I disagree, Live After Death remains not only Maiden's finest live recording, but one of the best live albums ever released in rock music period.

:grinthumb

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

^^I disagree, Live After Death remains not only Maiden's finest live recording, but one of the best live albums ever released in rock music period.

:grinthumb

Gonna have to agree with that statement ,LG. By far Maidens best live recording and one of the greatest all time.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Purgatory

Iron+Maiden+1981_kugdfa.jpg

Hard Rock

Rock out !
Reaction score

Dug them for a while in highschool. Liked Live after death, somewhere in time. Murray and Smith were the best guitar duo for that type of harder darker metal...and the rhythm section of Harris n Mcbrain.wow ! An amazing band. Probably one of the, if not THE best progressive metal bands of that time.

I don't really dig them being a three guitar band now. Janick is something else live...a ton of energy but its too much sonically for me. And although Bruce is a great guy...smart and has kept the band going....now days, i do not like his vocals live. At all. It seems he goes to crazy and warbles all over the place live. IMO.

I recently have been listening to Iron Maiden and Killers. Dainno Had this cool punky vibe to his vocals. A little more raw but controlled key wise. Back when i was a kid though, it was all Bruce !

And Murray shreds some great stuff at times. Good fluid tone on that neck pickup .

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have never lost my enthusiasm for many bands I grew up with Hard Rock, I do have some long intervals when I don't play them at all, then I will play every album In Sequence of their discography and enjoy them all over again. That is true of many bands I grew up with, it's really difficult to balance keeping up with all the good new music and staying loyal to my old favorites as well, but I try to keep a balance.

Iron Maiden and Dream Theater played here last summer, and everyone was "bowled over" by the concert. I imagine there are certain notes in Bruce's repertoire that he cannot hit and hold like he used to, but I'll forgive him I would hate to think Maiden is retiring like the Scorpions and now Priest after their latest tours end. Oh and Scorpions played here as well, we have always supported hard rock/metal bands where I live, and the big boys will always put us on the schedule when they tour.:hb:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I would say that Bruce's vocal demise are greatly over exaggerated myself, LG.
I have seen Iron Maiden 4 times the last time was three years ago (?) and he sounded as good as ever to me.

I remember people saying Halford had lost his voice way back in the Fight days :oyea: ...I don't think so...saw Priest live recently too.

I wouldn't worry about his vocals if you have the chance to see them anytime soon.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I am pretty sure Maiden is done after this world tour is over DKW,,,that is the feeling I get anyway. Hopefully I'm wrong, but if it's true they did play here and put on a great show so for that all the Maiden fans here are very grateful.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I am pretty sure Maiden is done after this world tour is over DKW,,,that is the feeling I get anyway.

What makes you say that ? Bruce is still taking about putting out more solo stuff from what I have read so I'm pretty sure he has no mind to call it quits.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I'm not sure, it just feels like the last tour was a farewell to all their fans after releasing the latest album. And with Scorps and Priest hanging it up I just have a gut feeling Maiden might do the same.

I hope I am wrong of course, and they do at least another album and world tour.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.