Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Iron Maiden

Brave New World is an awesome album.

My fave track off this album:

another awesome track with a killer intro and some fantastic guitar hamonies and solos, IMHO:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Killers is an awesome album, not that I dislike any album, theyre all great but Killers and Powerslave are my favourites and Seventh son.

Mouth4War

Reaction score

I, personally, LOVE the way Maiden has aged over the years...theres a large community that believes they lost it during Fear of the Dark and have constantly gone downhill from there but in all honesty, i LOVE the later albums as well, they all have had their own share of gems:

Brave New World: Wickerman, Brave new world, Blood brothers, The Mercenary, Dream of mirrors, The thin line between love and hate

Dance of Death: No more lies, Journeyman, Face in the sand, Dance of death, New Frontier, Age of innocence etc

A matter of life and death: Different World, These Colours dont run, For the greater good of God, The Longest Day, Out of the shadows

Final Frontier: Satellite 15...The Final Frontier, Coming Home, Starblind, The Talisman

Also, many people have been talking about how Iron Maiden is just a shallow ghost of its past and has turned into a money making machine trying to cash in on lost glory...my 2 cents to that...1.) What's wrong with making money? 2.) They NEVER lost the glory and STILL are the torchbearers of the NWOBHM.

Had the honor of watching 3 Iron Maiden concerts in last three years and meeting the band once, they are a complete fan's band and the most down to earth bunch of guy's one would ever come across. Here's hoping to many more years of touring and albums.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Have to admit the album cover arts attracted me to Iron Maidens music lol
They know how to get people to buy their albums, such awesome cover arts and then theres good music.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Over the last 20 years the quality of artwork in the various metal genres is by far the best in music, and I have bought albums myself over the years just because I loved the cover art.:grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

^^^ I also agree that the cover art is TOP NOTCH!! Also I agree with Mouth4War that the later albums I have enjoyed ALOT!!

I love the way Maiden matured and where they took it. The past is highlighted nicely because of it. Two sides without changing their sound or style...hard to do IMO.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

^^Over the last 20 years the quality of artwork in the various metal genres is by far the best in music, and I have bought albums myself over the years just because I loved the cover art.:grinthumb
Glad Im not the only one :grinthumb:
^^^ I also agree that the cover art is TOP NOTCH!! Also I agree with Mouth4War that the later albums I have enjoyed ALOT!!

I love the way Maiden matured and where they took it. The past is highlighted nicely because of it. Two sides without changing their sound or style...hard to do IMO.

I agree, Maiden hasnt had to change a lot about their music, glad they didnt, The Final Frontier is as quality to me as their debut self titled album :)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I even liked the Blaze Bailey albums....:peek

...really though they didn't bug me all that much. :heheh:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Now I only have to collect their live albums, I have all their studio stuff :) still Powerslave and Killers are my favourites.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online