Iggy Pop (Official Thread)

mrJim

Reaction score
Iggy News

Iggy Pop Contributes Theme Song To 'Bill, The Galactic Hero'

Good news for fans of the Repo Man soundtrack: Iggy Pop, who wrote and performed the song “Repo Man” (with help from Sex Pistol Steve Jones), has also contributed the theme song to Alex Cox’s latest movie.

Cox made the Kickstarter-funded Bill, the Galactic Hero with his film students at the University of Colorado Boulder, where the movie premiered last month. ... You can hear about a minute of Iggy’s theme song in the movie’s latest trailer. Apparently, life has a lot in common with pizza.

Read more at Dangerous Minds

Courtesy: http://www.iggyandthestoogesmusic.com/us/news

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Well, there's something else I have to put on my "have to see" list. :D

JimJam

Reaction score
One big smile for Bill, the Galactic Hero. Life is like a pizza! Words I can get behind.

Iggy's bath in Cry-Baby.

large.gif

mrJim

Reaction score
I ordered this simply due to track list not knowing much about it. Turn out its a winner. its supposed to be a collection of 7" singles, who knows but its prettygood

Gimme Some Skin - Cleopatra Records
a0977550274_16.jpg

1. I Can't Explain
2. Lonely Boy
3. Cock In My Pocket
4. Tight Pants
5. I Got A Right
6. White Christmas
7. Money (That's What I Want)
8. Open Up And Bleed
9. I Wanna Be Your Dog (Fast Version)
10. Johanna
11. Gimme Some Skin
12. I'm So Glad
13. Louie Louie
14. Scene Of The Crime

Jim

rtbuck

Reaction score
I'll probably pick this up next weekend. I know Record Theater has it & I try & go there every Saturday for their 20% off sale. I have a few of the songs off the I Wanna be Your Dog vinyl but I want it for the cover of Lonely Boy(Black Keys) which features Cream's Ginger Baker on drums.

Thanks for posting this

mrJim

Reaction score
exactly, not so much that I didn't have some the tracks.

couple reasons you need this one

1 there is no such things as too many version of "I wanna Be Your Dog"
2 Lonely Boy
3 firs I said Louie Louie same as #1 above; but this ended up having a bonus Surfin Bird intro

Iggy Pop, Kingsmen and the The Trashmen on one track. that'll bring tears to your eyes.

I have the I Wanna be your Dog Vinyl too, but its a picture disc of Iggy bleeding and flipping the bird so that has other value. :)

I was suspect was I got it since it was Cleopatra and so little info on it. so my expectation is low.

also considering (ok I'll likely be pulling the trigger on it soon) "Psychophonic Medicine" which was released in June.

Jim

BTW I believe the actual title is Iggy Pop Gimme Some Skin - "The 7" Collection"

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online

No members online now.