Iced Earth (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Iced Earth

Okay picking up in order now, is "The Dark Saga" released in 1996. If you look at the cover which I think is one of the best I have Ever seen, you'll see "Spawn" the lead character from Todd MacFarlane's amazing comic book series. This is a concept album, and one of my two favorites Iced Earth recorded. If you want to check out the band at the height of their collective prowess, then I would suggest getting this CD.

The Hunter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oblivion

Reaction score

Oh man, the dark saga... I remember the first time I put that album on... I was supposed to study for a test (esthetics, about old buildings and stuff)... The day after that, on the test, I could write down the order of the songs and most of the lyrics but aside from that I had nothing... :D Failed the test 100% (0/10) and got a note to take home from the teacher...
My mother replied "the boy likes music better then buildings, can you blame him?"
:D She hated esthetics back in her days...

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Love 'em

Last single with Ripper before Barlow came back

Ten Thousand Strong

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I liked Ripper when he was in IE Metalpriest, he brought his own style and I thought he pulled it off, and following Matt Barlow is no easy task.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I liked Ripper when he was in IE Metalpriest, he brought his own style and I thought he pulled it off, and following Matt Barlow is no easy task.

Hell no...for the short time he was in IE as well as JP he pulled it off.

I like what he has done with Yngwie but am really happy with Beyond Fear and Ripper Owens solo.

Good to see him doing his own stuff as well.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have one or two of his solo albums, but haven't had time to check them out yet,,,the story of my life. Yeah anyone who can follow Halford and Barlow is okay in my book.:rock:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Seeing OB is learning the fine art of brewing Belgian's finest offerings I will dust this thread off for him.;)

After the Dark Saga, came "Something Wicked This Way Comes", in 1998. The critics were not to impressed with this one, and what's new about that reaction to a Heavy Metal band anyway...I like this band and this CD has some killer cuts on it. I will have to agree with one point critics make though, Iced Earth really hits their stride with their longer songs, check out the the last track, it's a trilogy in three parts and you'll see/hear what I mean.

Here's Burning Times off the Alive in Athens CD.

rockgoddess1968

Reaction score

The only Iced Earth Album I have is Framing Armageddon, but seeing this thread, will definitely have to check out some more.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Even though OB mentioned it already the next album is essential to any Iced Earth fans collection, 1999's 3 CD set "Live in Athens". This CD captures the spirit of the band, and has excellent production values as well, which is always important to me when it comes to a live concert recording. There are two versions of this concert, a condensed 2 CD set, and the 3 CD one, I would suggest the 3 disc set, it's worth the couple of extra bucks you have to shell out.

Travel in Stygian.

IcedEarth-AliveInAthensBox-Front.jpg

IcedEarth-AliveInAthensBox-Back2-2.jpg

ishu161

Reaction score

i listened to Dante's Inferno yesterday, and i have to say i really like this band.....am going to check out all others, starting from the ones posted here :D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online