How many Metal fans and how open ?

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
OK, so I know that there are a handful of fans here but I am just curious as to the level of interest at this site .

How many members here actually consider themselves fans of the metal genre and a decent number of the vast and various sub/ genres thereof ?

Second question, how many of these same individuals are open or opening up to checking out some stuff that they might not be ordinarily exposed to ?
The main reason I ask is that I recently noticed a pretty decent amount of attention being paid to the Amon Amarth thread. What about bands that might be in a somewhat similar vein but aren't so very well known as AA has become ?

Any interest in giving stuff of the more extreme nature a go ? By that I don't mean more extreme then Amon Amarth necessarily but just some of their musical brethren .

So if that interests you speak up below. I don't want to go on one of my mad thread fests in the metal basement if they are just going to be ignored out of lack of interest here.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I picked up on the metal genre like a year or two ago through my cousins taste. After that, i've dove into the many sub genres that are within metal. Folk Metal / Prog Metal / Heavy Metal / etc. So yeah, I could say that I am a big fan of the genre as a whole.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I picked up on the metal genre like a year or two ago through my cousins taste. After that, i've dove into the many sub genres that are within metal. Folk Metal / Prog Metal / Heavy Metal / etc. So yeah, I could say that I am a big fan of the genre as a whole.

And the second part of the question ...are you open to listening to or giving a listen to things that
are of a bit more extreme nature ?

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
What if I don't care about the genre and will listen to anything you recommend?

Also, I just have to say that I personally have had plenty of threads collect dust out of genre preferences until I bump them at the right time so sometimes stuff like this is done for the passion of simply being a tribute to a band you like.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
And the second part of the question ...are you open to listen to things that
are of a bit more extreme nature ?

My apologies, I must have missed that question.

Yes, I am always open to hearing anything of that nature.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
What if I don't care about the genre and will listen to anything you recommend?

Also, I just have to say that I personally have had plenty of threads collect dust out of genre preferences until I bump them at the right time so sometimes stuff like this is done for the passion of simply being a tribute to a band you like.

That would be cool'

Yes, but that type of music has a bit of a larger following here from what I see at least from my perception .

I pay my tributes to bands by buying their stuff and attending shows...not saying you don't..... just saying that it's not my personal point of posting things . I like to post stuff in order to spread the word more or less. Not that every band has to have hoards of answers but on the other hand if there is no interest it doesn't interest me to keep making them .

Thus the questions.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well, if you look at how long I've been here and how many threads I've made my responses are about the same as yours and in fact less in my eyes! I'm serious! :heheh: Remember I'm pushing current music in a predominately stubborn older crowd so it's an uphill battle. Metal is bigger here than any other forum I've been too honestly.

DKW, I own over 2,000 albums and used to go to a concert every other month so I see what you are saying about actually putting something towards the artist and wanting them to do well. Maybe we can play trade a pop rock listen for a death metal one! :heheh:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Anything you recommend doesn't count? :heheh: I guess my question to you is are you willing to accept us voicing that we like aspects of the music but not the extreme vocals themselves? :D

That is just an overplayed thing here. Every single thread that has a horse or guttural etc vocal delivery is plagued by the "I don't like that kind of vocals " over and over and over and over again .I don't think I've seen more then one thread where that comment is not made. WE GET IT ALREADY ...you don't like extreme vocals ...how many times does it need to be said.

So , I guess what I am asking is are there people who have a real interest in forms of music that are going to involves these types of vocals .On a whole and not just aspects of it.

I mean come on I don't go into all the pop threads and say " Yeah , the bass line sounds decent but that candy ass at the mike needs to drop a pair "

If I did it over and over again I would be banned as a troll.

In response to the above ...I haven't done any extreme threads yet either and for just that reason ( possible lack of interest).

I hate pop..if you hate death I would just say don't listen to it.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online