How Many Albums In Your Collection

Ezequiel

Reaction score
eMalahleni, South Africa & Delft, Holland
3632 albums of 513 different artist. I know it's a lot but this includes mp3 albums that I downloaded on lala.com and iTunes. I think I have 40% on cd. the rest is digital.

Some of my favorite artists include Blue Oyster Cult, Supertramp, Golden Earring of which I have the complete collection of albums.

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score
2-2,500+ vinyls - on shelves, Hepcat, on shelves! :D
900-ish cd's
150-ish 7"
100-ish 12"

LP's, 12"s and CD's are organized alphabetically. But they've always been, so the hard work is only when I move. Which has happened a number of times... :banghead:

+ unknown amount of cassettes, VHS's and DVD's.

+ an ever expanding dvd/cd-bootleg collection - unknown amount.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Are you insinuating that Hep hasn't discovered shelves yet Flip?...:grinthumb

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I have thousands too, I have taken the step of buying on CD and only downloading the ones that you cannot get on CD. I love buying them because you get all the sleeve notes and if your computer goes bang then you still have the CD. Has anyone read "High Fidelity" what a great book, someone once gave it to me and told me to read it as it was my life, don't know what they mean !!!!!

Ezequiel

Reaction score
eMalahleni, South Africa & Delft, Holland
I have everything digital. All my cd's are converted to lossless .flac files. I have a complete music folder on my external hard drive and have an extra backup in case something happens so I have it pretty much figured out to prevent my collection from vanishing into thin air because of some glitch on my external ;)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I have thousands too, I have taken the step of buying on CD and only downloading the ones that you cannot get on CD. I love buying them because you get all the sleeve notes and if your computer goes bang then you still have the CD. Has anyone read "High Fidelity" what a great book, someone once gave it to me and told me to read it as it was my life, don't know what they mean !!!!!

Yes! After seeing the movie I had to read it! Hornsby also wrote one called A Long Way Down I really liked! :grinthumb

Gfunk

Reaction score
I have 31,000 Songs on my computer (2000 something albums) , and i own about 400 Albums (CD)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have everything digital. All my cd's are converted to lossless .flac files. I have a complete music folder on my external hard drive and have an extra backup in case something happens so I have it pretty much figured out to prevent my collection from vanishing into thin air because of some glitch on my external ;)

I have a similar approach, I have ripped all my most precious CD's using EAC secure mode to FLAC with non-compliant CUE sheets. I have these on an External HDD and have also burned ISO DVD's which I keep in a fireproof safe. You can get between 15-20 CD's on one DVD. So in case I lose a CD or the HDD fails,,,all I do is load the ISO disc and copy the files to the PC, then open EAC select the burn CD, enter the CUE sheet I made and you get a "Perfect Copy", of your original recording.

EAC = the best free application for ripping I have ever used. It's complicated to set up but once you customize it for the burners in your computer, the results are the best MP3's you have ever heard and FLAC's that are perfect replica's of the original WAV files. I would recommend it to any serious collector as a way to safely back-up your collection.

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
2-2,500+ vinyls - on shelves, Hepcat, on shelves! :D
900-ish cd's
150-ish 7"
100-ish 12"

LP's, 12"s and CD's are organized alphabetically. But they've always been, so the hard work is only when I move. Which has happened a number of times... :banghead:

Good man!

:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online