How Many Albums In Your Collection

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have a similar approach, I have ripped all my most precious CD's using EAC secure mode to FLAC with non-compliant CUE sheets. I have these on an External HDD and have also burned ISO DVD's which I keep in a fireproof safe. You can get between 15-20 CD's on one DVD. So in case I lose a CD or the HDD fails,,,all I do is load the ISO disc and copy the files to the PC, then open EAC select the burn CD, enter the CUE sheet I made and you get a "Perfect Copy", of your original recording.

EAC = the best free application for ripping I have ever used. It's complicated to set up but once you customize it for the burners in your computer, the results are the best MP3's you have ever heard and FLAC's that are perfect replica's of the original WAV files. I would recommend it to any serious collector as a way to safely back-up your collection.

LG you are such a Boffin........:)

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score
Good man!

:grinthumb

:grinthumb

LG: Reading through the thread it seems Hepcat is curious about storage solutions so I just offered mine up front :D :heheh:

I did have issues with the vinyl up untill a couple of years ago. Finally just decided to buy pro-storage metal shelves. That did the job. Aesthetics doesn't matter because I finally got my own music room, yay.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I have thousands of CD's and some vinyl, I haven't worked on storage yet, am moving soon so will probably get some more shelves as they are all in boxes at moment. do have some towers but would need quite a few to house my collection.

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score
Ah, the old storage bugaboo. It took me literally years to design, fabricate and install my CD storage system, but then I tend to work at a glacial pace.

Fug

Reaction score
I have about 700 - 800 vinyl records. Most of which are "promo copies" and "first pressings" and "colored vinyl". They are stowed away in boxes in my basement for safe keeping. I have 16 album jackets that were signed by the artists and or groups. They hang silently on the walls of my music room. I have 381 CDs. I have twenty 45 rpm singles. All are Beatles singles on the oringinal Capitol yellow and orange "swirl" label, except Hey Jude which is on the Apple label.

Last edited:

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
Last I counted I have 183 LPs.

A bunch of them are 12" singles, coloured vinyl alternatives, maxi singles, double albums, or just flat out full length LPs.

I love vinyl.

I really need to take inventory on my 7" singles. There's probably a few hundred.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
I've got 213 albums on my computer. Some of them were stolen from parents/brother though.

Many of them would be compilation albums as well (things like "The Greatest Guitar Hits" or "Best of Australian" and stuff like that), not sure if they count. Also got a bit of vinyl, but not sure how much and they've been stored out of the way until we can get the record player working, so I can't be bothered counting. But yeah, 213 that I listen to regularly anyway :D

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
I probably have close to 200 LPs, 300 CDs, a handful of 45s that were my Moms and about 55 or so live Pink Floyd shows on my computer and cd.

Oh yeah forgot about tapes!! I have tons of cassette tapes, most of them I bought but lots of them are compliations I made when I was a young teen by keeping a tape in my stereo and hitting record when a cool song came on the radio!

Last edited:

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Here it is! The beautiful Atocha record cabinet. The solution to your record storage problems! Each drawer will store ninety LPs meaning it can be configured to hold 540 LPs! The drawer pulls are solid brass. Available in maple, oak, walnut and bamboo. Only $12,500! You know your records deserve the best....

Attachments

• A record_cabinet one.jpg
    A record_cabinet one.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 15
  • A Atocha Design Record Cabinet.jpg
    A Atocha Design Record Cabinet.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 15

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members