Hendrix live at Monterey 1967

eccentric man

Reaction score
Re: Hendrix at Monterey

i still think the view your seeing from the last 5 years has been going on for longer than that. it wasn't as direct in the 80s but it was there, it subsided in the early - mid 90s but it was back in full force by the late 90s i'd say. the spice girls had set the stage in the mid 90s so that britney spears could start assaulting our ears back in '98.

if there is no such thing as a youth culture what was the hippie movement?

the only paul simon story i have is the one my dad likes to tell about how he remembers seeing the hand written lyrics to 'bridge over troubled water' in a waste bin in a studio in new york back in the late 60s while his band was getting their album recorded. he kind of regrets not grabbing them since they were the only thing in the bin, but just like his offer to play woodstock, it didn't really have much significance prior to the actual realization.

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
Jimi playing at the Isle Of Wight Festival is is among the best commercially available.

There are dozens of concert appearances out there that are legal to download that are not official releases. Most recently I snagged Jimi playing with Eric Burdon and War not long before he was murdered by Mike Jefferies.

As to line ups:

The Jimi Hendrix Experience (Jimi Hendrix, Mitch Mitchell and Noel Redding)... Monterey Pop Festival.

Personnel at Woodstock:
Jimi Hendrix – lead guitar, vocals
Mitch Mitchell – drums
Billy Cox – bass guitar
Larry Lee – rhythm guitar
Juma Sultan – percussion
Jerry Velez – percussion

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members