Have you ever met your idols?

Reaction score
Yeah I met my idols. Status Quo and funnily enough, Noel and Liam Gallagher.

Great experiences, got autographs, some photos (with Quo) and thoroughly enjoyed it. Liam Gallagher was nothing like his reputation. Absolute gent.

That's great, where did you meet liam and noel? Were they together?

Funnily enough I've always thought Liam would be more approachable than Noel and I think I would be less in awe of him. I met Noel outside one of his gigs in Cardiff and there were lots of people trying to speak to him and take photos so he was in rockstar mode.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
That's great, where did you meet liam and noel? Were they together?

Funnily enough I've always thought Liam would be more approachable than Noel and I think I would be less in awe of him. I met Noel outside one of his gigs in Cardiff and there were lots of people trying to speak to him and take photos so he was in rockstar mode.

Met Liam out the back of the Poole Lighthouse after their Glastonbury 2004 warm up gig. The night they played a Bell will Ring and Meaning of Soul off Don't Believe the Truth for the first time I think. He stuck his head out of a ground floor window and asked if we enjoyed the show. He was really interested if we'd had a good night. Didn't put him off the fact we were in the second row all night covered in beer, piss and sweat haha.

Noel was behind the Coronet in London ahead of the show their in May 2005 when they did 5 gigs in London. Same situation as you. He had his shades on (it was cloudy at best haha) and he was signing autographs.

Reaction score
Met Liam out the back of the Poole Lighthouse after their Glastonbury 2004 warm up gig. The night they played a Bell will Ring and Meaning of Soul off Don't Believe the Truth for the first time I think. He stuck his head out of a ground floor window and asked if we enjoyed the show. He was really interested if we'd had a good night. Didn't put him off the fact we were in the second row all night covered in beer, piss and sweat haha.

Noel was behind the Coronet in London ahead of the show their in May 2005 when they did 5 gigs in London. Same situation as you. He had his shades on (it was cloudy at best haha) and he was signing autographs.

Wow that's crazy, I was at the Glastonbury warm up gig at Poole Lighthouse! It was a tiny gig, we had to queue up all night outside the venue to get tickets. How did you get yours?

It was my first Oasis concert and one of the best i've ever been to as the venue was so small and intimate. I was right at the front but annoyingly got lifted over the barriers by security, I'm still not sure why?! I saw them at Glastonbury straight after but it didn't compare to this gig. What a small world :)

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Wow that's crazy, I was at the Glastonbury warm up gig at Poole Lighthouse! It was a tiny gig, we had to queue up all night outside the venue to get tickets. How did you get yours?

It was my first Oasis concert and one of the best i've ever been to as the venue was so small and intimate. I was right at the front but annoyingly got lifted over the barriers by security, I'm still not sure why?! I saw them at Glastonbury straight after but it didn't compare to this gig. What a small world :)

A friend of mine got me one. Went to see Black Rebel Motorcycle Club in the May about a month before the gig and she asked it I wanted to go while we were at that show. Snapped her hand off haha.

Thats crazy, I was in the second row bang in front of Liam all night. Must have been stood right next to you when it started haha.

If you hadn't been lifted over the barrier I would have been convinced you were the girl I went with haha.

I'd done 3 Oasis gigs before that Poole one and I have to say all 3 ranked higher than Poole, but Poole was still great. Glasgow Barrowlands in 2001 was absolute madness from start to finish.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online