Has Angus fired Brian Johnson?

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
A source close to AC/DC has told how Brian Johnson's illness was used as an excuse to drop him from the band.

The source asked to be given anonymity and said; “Jonna’s [Brian] a fab guy and has been treated like s**t. He does have hearing issues but not as serious as they’re saying. This was just an excuse to fire the guy, basically.”

It's believed that Angus Young has narrowed the search to a new singer down to 2-3 people, not thought to be well known names.

“The plan is to decide on the singer within the next couple of weeks, maybe sooner, reschedule the tour and get back out on the road as if nothing’s happened.”

When asked whether the band will retire after the tour, the source said; “No, no, part of this audition process has been working on new song ideas. I think Angus wants to get back in the studio after a much shorter break this time. It’s no longer a band anymore but a brand, similar to KISS I suppose, which is a bit nauseating honestly.”

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
It's pretty tough question... On the one hand - Brian is a legend, one of the true symbols of AC/DC, on the other - Angus is just 60 years old (compare with other guitar heroes of 70's - he's really "young"), he wants to make tours and albums, but Brian's age (68 - agree, it's not too little to sing AC/DC songs and jump on the stage over many live-shows in a world-tour) and his possibilities didn't let him to do all of it with a band. Everyone has their own truth. And about inviting a new singer - AC/DC has already did it once (R.I.P., Bon). You know, if it was allowed to many of rock-titans, like Queen, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Uriah Heep, Black Sabbath, Rainbow, Judas Priest, Journey, Foreigner, Van Halen - I'll say: "Why not?"... Let's wait.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Needing an excuse to fire Brian obviously makes it sound like Angus wanted him out anyway. Using an illness to do this is an apocalyptically shitty thing to do to a guy who not only resurrected the band, but took it to amazing heights.

I have a major problem with this the same way as when Journey and Styx fired Perry and DeYoung. There are probably more examples than these 2 bands, but they're not coming to me at the moment.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I doubt it. I think its easy for journos to make stories out of nothing.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Whatever the story is, I like to remember AC/DC as they were. I wouldn't go to see them again with new members. Just becomes a glorified cover band.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I especially wouldn't see them with ****ing Axl Rose. lmao

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Needing an excuse to fire Brian obviously makes it sound like Angus wanted him out anyway.

That part stood out to me as well. Not sure that's really what has happened. I can't imagine that Angus actually wanted him out, but who knows... time will tell...

Whatever the story is, I like to remember AC/DC as they were. I wouldn't go to see them again with new members. Just becomes a glorified cover band.

Well, I'm listening to bands that have been accused of the same, but I do agree with you in this case. Changing a singer at this point in their career pretty much kills the band for me.

No Brian Johnson, no AC/DC, as far as I'm concerned.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Though it is important to note its only for the last 10 shows but that is still too many to have a douchebag like Axl.

I mean shit they'd be almost finished with their set by the time Axl even showed up to the gig. lol

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
Though it is important to note its only for the last 10 shows but that is still too many to have a douchebag like Axl.

I mean shit they'd be almost finished with their set by the time Axl even showed up to the gig. lol

:gig:gig You are so right - Angus would be well pissed off. The thing is, although he isn't an original band member, Brian has for many years been the front man in more ways than one - taking charge of virtually all the interviews and contact with the media, as well as being the principle lyricist. I know they have a tour to finish, but if it's come to this they really should call it a day.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online