Happy Memorial Day

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
^^^ No, it's a great plan - we send all the pacifists first - and the enemy think - ''wow, this is the best they got?'' - then the enemy lets it's guard down - then the real men come in over the hill and mow the enemy down.

:heheh:

Sounds like a good plan to me. :grinthumb

Now, back to the topic...

Mr. T

Reaction score
God Bless the Fallen and their families. Remembering and honoring them is what this is about... not the BAR-B-Q... not the effen furniture Sales this weekend. These great men and women made the ultimate sacrifice. They deserve so much more than a single day of honor.

I was a tank gunner in the Army. I served in peace time but most of the men I served with wore "Blood Stripes" from Viet Nam. They were tough as nails and to see them kneel and come to tears on this day made me understand the true meaning of the word "Honor".

I personally consider this THE most important American holiday.

SALUTE.jpg

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Remembering all the people and families that have made this the place it is today.

I miss you Dad.

UGH! Phil, please upload the picture of your dad again if you can, I was seeing a double image: one using the tags and another that was uploaded as an attachment. To prevent the double image, I dumped the attachment and the other one seemed to go away as well. Not what I had intended and NO disrespect meant. SO sorry, please link in the picture again.

And as Tunez said, God bless your dad!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I deleted that post for you Phil as I took "delete post" as a request. Post away what you need man. :grinthumb

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
UGH! Phil, please upload the picture of your dad again if you can, I was seeing a double image: one using the tags and another that was uploaded as an attachment. To prevent the double image, I dumped the attachment and the other one seemed to go away as well. Not what I had intended and NO disrespect meant. SO sorry, please link in the picture again.
[/QUOTE]

Well, now that the entire forum is aware of it, let me explain..I was in the middle of editing MY OWN post.

I decided I didn't want a picture of my father on photobucket..just because. So I decided to switch it to an attachment for privacy purposes.

This was within literally less than a minute of the Photobucket post. I then deleted the photobucket pic to be replaced by the attachment.

To be quite honest, I have never been on a forum that is so heavily moderated.

I was going out on a limb to share this anyways. It's kind of a bummer.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
With all Due Respect to the people and families that made this country what it is...

Attachments

• Phil 1972 Vietnam.jpg
    Phil 1972 Vietnam.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 24

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Great pic Phil.....glad you did a repost and of course privacy issues are respected and understood. Many thanks to your father and all our men and women of the armed forces over the years. :cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.