great albums crap sound.

foreverblue

Reaction score
ok let me clarify what i'm trying to say. i'm not talking about the creative quality . i'm talking about sound quality.

for example. led zeppelin iv's sound quality is atrocious, compared to say "sticky fingers" or "who's next" from the same year. can somebody explain to me why?
i've notice most of zeppelins albums have poor sound quality. listen to your cd of "houses" and compare it "sabbath bloody sabbath" you'll see what i mean.

the reason is i just recieved a new mp3 player for my coming 43'rd birthday, and every time i listen to it each individual instrument is enhanced. i was listening to the beatles "drive my car" and it was amazing to hear the piano bit soo clearly.

note:
this is nothing against zeppelin, i'm a huge zeppelin fan

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Wow are you sure there isn't something wrong with your Zeppelin catalog? I consider Zeppelin's collection to be quite possibly the best sounding records of the 70s, due in part to the masterful production of a Mr. Jimmy Page. Clean and succinct, with studio precision, but always retaining a volatile, live feel and a raw rock n roll flavor.

But hey maybe you'll disagree with my choice and we can be even, lol. :-D

My pick is NEVERMIND. Great songs. Absolutely awful, awful tinny, stale, unlistenable production. And I don't even understand why the production sucks so much because that same guy did good with L7 in that same year. Maybe the new remaster will be good.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
The first album that comes to mind for me would be KISS' 2nd album, Hotter Than Hell. One fantastic freakin' album that sounds like it was recorded in a broom closet. (and a small one at that).

220px-Cover_hth_large.jpg

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score
My pick goes to Rush's album "Vapor Trails." The album is great but unfortunately the sound quality is absolutely atrocious that I can't call it a fantastic. Thank goodness they're remastering it!

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Peter Green was the producer on most of Zeppelin albums, Jimmy only took credits. Just to clarify. :p

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
I know it may perhaps be missing the point a tad, but Gary Moore's G-Force album warrants mention in my book just due to Moore's horrible tone. Great material, but his guitarsound comes close to ruining it for me.

Oh, and Born Again. A good OTT metal album, but its horrendous production has been well documented. Then again I suppose, the crappy sound is part of that album's silly appeal.

CREAM'd

Reaction score
Most of my Black Sabbath CDs(Particularly the Remastered ones in Digipack form) sound bad enough,the sound jumps up and down quite a bit.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Metallica: Ride The Lightning
Agreed for sure, that album needs to be remastered and sold out here too.
Kill Em All, Puppets and And Justice need the treatment too.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online