Govt. Mule (Official Thread)

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
Re: Govt. Mule

Heard a CD of them covering Zeppelin, wasn't overly-impressed by it, but it was still pretty solid!

j2112c

Reaction score
Love Warren Haynes playing and I think Gov'tMule are MoNsTeR!

Just saying....

This is a great version of this song:

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Listening to this:

e---By-A-Thread-2009-Front-Cover-22662_zps4c2be07b.jpg

On this very good album there is a track called Railroad Boy. Warren Hayes learned this at a young age from some of his folk friends. He believes this old folk song to be at least 100 years old. Someone asked him why not crank it up? Warren gave it to the band and this is what they made of it, a stellar track:

Radagast

Reaction score
Stubborn Thread

I was impressed the few times that I remember hearing/seeing them perform.
I did not know that much about them , but if I pull this thread up, then possibly I'll get a clearer picture of this band. Educate and impress me ! :cheers2

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Listening to this:

e---By-A-Thread-2009-Front-Cover-22662_zps4c2be07b.jpg

On this very good album there is a track called Railroad Boy. Warren Hayes learned this at a young age from some of his folk friends. He believes this old folk song to be at least 100 years old. Someone asked him why not crank it up? Warren gave it to the band and this is what they made of it, a stellar track:

great jamband... fab later album too!:bow:

Sunfist

Reaction score
I just got their album where they do covers of Pink Floyd, even got the same backup singers on there that Floyd used. Pretty good for the most part. Warren Hayes would rather play guitar than eat, he is non-stop all the time playing with somebody some where. Everytime I hear him I end up wishing I could play half that good.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
:oy: :mn: if you like the Floyd covers album get hold of the albums.
the Mule do covers by the rolling stones and Dub Mule...

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of Warren and Govt. Mule, but damn, they've released 4 albums in the past months and I need to catch up. I see the Mascot Label has a bundle with "Dark Side of the Mule", "Sco-Mule" and "Dub Side of the Mule". I think I'll place an order for that bundle, along with the limited to vinyl "Stone Side of the Mule". Guess I'll add it, when I order Beth Hart's new album and the new Joe Bonamassa CD/Blu-Ray set.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online