Govt. Mule (Official Thread)

Vintage

Vintage Rocker
Reaction score
Re: Govt. Mule

Great band. I've seen them about 8 or 9 times since 1994.

BTW, Warren Haynes has been back with the Allman Brothers Band for quite a while. Together with Derek Trucks, they've taken the ABB to a whole new level.

Vic2010

Reaction score
Gov't Mule

Not sure where to put this thread. Being that they released their first album in 1995, I guess this is the right place.

I got into the Mule about 5 years ago. My God I love this band. :bow: Warren Haynes really has kept classic rock honest for many years now. I have all the studio recordings plus the live set "The Deepest End" with the DVD. I finally got a chance earlier this year to see them live. This is one hell of a live band. Favorite albums are:

Gmcover.jpg

Dose_cover.jpg

Any other fans?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Gov't Mule

I keep forgetting about this band for some reason Vic, I know there are other fans of theirs in here. I'll have to check out your recommends and get back to you.

Vic2010

Reaction score

Grendel,

I'd recommend getting either one of the first two albums. This is when they were a heavy, power trio. If you get bitten by the bug you'll just get all the albums eventually. For me the best way to describe the Mule is Mountain meets Cream meets The Allman Brothers Band. The Mule does lots of great cover songs too.

Highly recommended :grinthumb

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

Gov't Mule Live 1995

Warren Haynes - guitar, The Late Great Allen Woody on bass

and Matt Abts on drums...

Enjoy!

Kind Of Bird

Awesome, awesome, awesome...

and the classic Free tune, ''Mr. Big''...

Last edited:

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score

Love early mule and solo Warren but they lost me after Allen woody died as they became a harder rock band. Saw them numerous times from the mid 90 till 01 when aw died. The one for woody show is one of the best shows I've ever seen so many guests great covers and close to 6 hours of Warren

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

I bought Deja Voodoo a while ago and was blown away, it is rammed full of great tunes "Slackjaw Jezebel" is just wicked IMO.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrazyLionEye

Members online