George Carlin (Official Thread)

Recky

Reaction score
I got a mountain of Carlin on DVD and Mp3....I would be hard pressed to pick a favourite BUT Its Bad for Ya is a regular watch

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Not only have I always been a great admirer of the man's brand of humor,but I have also held his political and social observations in the highest of regards.A very sharp witted and insightful individual.And all this from the man who devoted some of his stage moments to the glorious art of farting!:heheh:

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
Not only have I always been a great admirer of the man's brand of humor,but I have also held his political and social observations in the highest of regards.A very sharp witted and insightful individual.And all this from the man who devoted some of his stage moments to the glorious art of farting!:heheh:

He's like me. He got tired of pulling punches.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I grew up on Carlin and enjoyed most of his albums and/or concert videos.

I also saw him in concert a few times. Unfortunately, towards the last 10 yrs or so of his life, he really became a bitter, bitchy, crabby old goat. Constant liberal / anti-religious rants can only go so far before they became tiring. He was still funny in spots, but not like the his glory days of the 70's and 80's when his observational humor was the stuff of legend. I still give him props, but those last 2 or 3 concerts that I attended were far from his best work.

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
I grew up on Carlin and enjoyed most of his albums and/or concert videos.

I also saw him in concert a few times. Unfortunately, towards the last 10 yrs or so of his life, he really became a bitter, bitchy, crabby old goat. Constant liberal / anti-religious rants can only go so far before they became tiring. He was still funny in spots, but not like the his glory days of the 70's and 80's when his observational humor was the stuff of legend. I still give him props, but those last 2 or 3 concerts that I attended were far from his best work.

Yeah, but he was funnier than shit while he was crabby and bitchy.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I liked Carlin whether crabby or not. The guy could just deliver something to laugh at like next to no other. I say next to no other because I think Bill Hicks was just as funny.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Yeah I didn't realize the topic had been previously suggested.I'll look out for things like that in the future.But for now,I gotta go find some more places for my for my stuff!!

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I'm in agreement the posters who thought him to be just angry near the end his career.

I also think he got too political.

It just didn't seem like comedy. Felt more like rants.

My biggest laugh is when he does the news.

"A man attempting to walk around the world...drown today!"

:oyea:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with being political. He had his opinions on the world and how he felt it was being run. Not for everyone but I enjoyed his political rants too.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online