George Carlin (Official Thread)

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Lifelong Carlin fan here.When Comedy Central compiled a list of the 100 greatest standups of all time,he placed NO.2 behind only Richard Pryor.I personally think that as comedian the are about neck and neck,its a close call,but I think Carlin deserves the honor at least a bit more due to the fact that Pryor was forced to step off the stage sometime in the 1980's because of the illneess that eventually ended his life which means that because Carlin kept working in the years after,he simply has a bigger body of hilarious material and therefore in my mind is the true all time stand up champ.Whenever I watch one of his many very fine HBO specials,I can't help but notice his incredible audience command.He knew exactly how to say what he wanted to say in a fascinatingly articulate manner and this coupled with the hundreds of comic facial expressions are what made him a true and thorough professional...............

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Hard to believe that this June brings the 6th anniversary of the great comic's passing,but just as the Beatles and Stones with rock and roll,Carlin has left behind a tremendously entertaining body of work that I personally believe WILL stand the test of time in the cases of at least most of his works.RIP good fella.Hope you find a place for your stuff up in comedy heaven.Perhaps he and Richard Pryor are killing St. Peter at the gates with their very special brands of humor..................

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
I have been going out for dog walks and i have been listening to a lot of his works-ive got some hicks stuff aswell.

Minlinks1

Reaction score
He was an excellent philosopher too...ive seen a lot of his performance on scene, "the 10 commandments" "pro life is anti woman" and a lot of others...he was just incredibly intelligent..

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online