Gentle Giant (Official Thread)

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Re: Gentle Giant

One of the great classic prog bands. Thier first seven albums are exceptional. The live album "King Biscuit Flower Hour" is one of the best live albums from a prog band from the '70's IMO.

I've got the King Biscuit cd, it's great indeed. And what about Stockholm 75 they released some time ago, that's terrific as well.

joe

Reaction score

I've got the King Biscuit cd, it's great indeed. And what about Stockholm 75 they released some time ago, that's terrific as well.

Haven't heard it electric funeral. Man, Gentle Giant has a lot of live albums out now.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score

GGstockholm.jpg

Songs / Tracks Listing
1. Cogs In Cogs (3:30)
2. Proclamation (3:18)
3. The Runaway/Experience (10:08)
4. So Sincere (11:05)
5. Plain Truth (8:01)
6. Free Hand (7:20)
7. Just The Same (6:23)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

One of the great classic prog bands. Thier first seven albums are exceptional. The live album "King Biscuit Flower Hour" is one of the best live albums from a prog band from the '70's IMO.

I think the "King Biscuit Flower Hour" series of live recordings is one of the best in rock music period, and I am not a big fan of live albums normally. This is one instance where I would rather buy a DVD of a concert now than the CD version. Then again unlike MP I don't have many music DVD's anyway.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score

Damn I bought that cd(either this nearfest or last) but see its not on my ipod or itunes? :mad Must be in my pile of cd's and never burned it, now I'm not even sure I've heard it. :wa

At least I've got several others. :D

Breadfan

Reaction score
Gentle Giant

One of the five greatest bands that ever walked the planet.

Full of music.

Robust stuff?

Not 'arf!

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

I like this band very much, only got a best of at the moment, we will see in the future what I can come up with.

Would love to see them live:)

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

I am thinking about downloading their discography, I love their hard rock track A Cry For Everyone.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score

Sweaty and Nololob, You can't go wrong with Gentle Giant. From the first untill Interview that is.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online