Free (Official Thread)

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
I never knew Free did a version of "Come Together".Did they pull this one off as well as Aerosmith did for the "Sgt. Pepper" soundtrack.I know it's not exactly one of the more difficult tunes to remake so I figure they must have done something at least half decent with it.

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
I never knew Free did a version of "Come Together".Did they pull this one off as well as Aerosmith did for the "Sgt. Pepper" soundtrack.I know it's not exactly one of the more difficult tunes to remake so I figure they must have done something at least half decent with it.

Completely different song HGM. The full title is 'Come Together in the Morning'.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
A friend of mine loves Free, he saw them when they first started and said he could not explain what he had just seen as it was that good and well ahead of their time.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Yeah I've definitely heard more than a few people wondering why the band had such a short career.Kind of like Blind Faith and Derek and the Dominoes,the two Clapton bands that only put out one album each.And two of the best ever records.At least Paul Rodgers got more than back on track during his tenure with Bad Company.Does anyone know what became of the other members of the band?

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
Simon Kirke formed Bad Company with Paul, and has recently been touring the USA. Paul Kossoff died in 1976, and Andy Fraser has generally concentrated on song writing. He has been diagnosed as *** positive. Every now and then there is talk of them getting back together, but for me it could never work without Paul Kossoff. Also Paul Rodgers and Andy Fraser have never got on very well.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
well the first hearing of the greatest blues/soul voice of Paul Rogers, add Andy Fraser, Paul Kossoff and Simon Kirke and then the most underrated rock & roll band comes to life...

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
For me (and many others) Fire and Water is Free's finest piece of work. Great writing from Paul and Andy along with terrific musicianship from all four guys, including Paul Kossoff at his peak. 'Alright Now' is on this album, their biggest hit, and strangely, on reflection, the band members all seemed to agree that was the one that pulled them apart. It kind of made them and broke them at the same time.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.