Free (Official Thread)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
^^^I would go with the Debut "Tons Of Sobs", "Fire And Water" and maybe "Highway" DKW but I am really bias as they are one of my favourite bands ... so all in all any would serve but some people aren't keen on the last album "Heartbreaker" because Koss has less input.

Thanks mate :grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^ I would also pick up the second self titled "Free" album DKW if you come across it and it's a good price. :grinthumb

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score
I've been a Paul Kossoff fan since buying Tons Of Sobs back in the day. I have five LPs by the band.
I also have a self titled LP from '72 called Kossoff - Kirke - Tetsu - Rabbit.
I have his solo LP from '73 called Backstreet Crawler and the two LPs by the band Backstreet Crawler, The Band Plays On ('75) and Second Street ('76).
He's on my list of favorite guitarists that are no longer with us.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Re: Free

Top band SOX ! Heres my personal fave, though "wishing well " is a close second.
" The Hunter "......a song me and my younger brother used to play in our very young days with out of tune guitars and kazoo..i kid you not:lmao:

Love this track, I get a feeling Tons Of Sobs is like the heaviest album out of all.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^Yeah "The Hunter" the old Booker T composition, I think Albert King did a brilliant earlier cover but the one by Free is my favourite and "Tons Of Sobs" is just a blinding debut.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Free put out a second album in 1970 "Highway". This was hot on the heels of their big hit "All Right Now" and though all should have been well the band were at a bit of a low ebb especially Koss. The material is laid back, loose and kind of mellow.

2upxwlf.jpg

"Soon I Will Be Gone"

ElPatanico

Dad Rockin Man
Reaction score
^^^Yeah "The Hunter" the old Booker T composition, I think Albert King did a brilliant earlier cover but the one by Free is my favourite and "Tons Of Sobs" is just a blinding debut.

Have you heard the Blue Cheer version of "The Hunter?" That one is my favorite!

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score
I love Free. I discovered this band through my uncles LP's. He had all there LP'S. I still jam to this band all the time. Favourite albums are Tons Of Sobs & Fire & Water

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online