Free (Official Thread)

Brazrock

Reaction score
Free is such an incredible band! I've discovered them through a DVD that my friend's uncle recorded a long time ago. I thing that this is the band that caught my attention and have kept me at the "classic rock" trail. Such a powerfull blues, with unforgettable guitar solos, incredible bass lines...

Here in Brazil Free is just known between true rock fans, but even them are just familiar with their live 72 live album "Free at Last". I really enjoy Free's studio albuns, mainly their second album, "Free".

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Listening to Fire and Water right now bought the CD recently. .really liking it..
what CD should I get next ?

free-fire-and-water.jpg

@Sox once again...very nice thread. :cheers2

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
^^^ Tons Of Sobs!

I like Heartbreaker too, but some purists would disagree. :heheh:

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Well, Free's band line up was always tumultuous.

On Heartbreaker, the bassist Andy Fraser had left the band, and Paul Kossoff had some personal problems going on.

All that doesn't take away from the album for me personally, but some hard core fans have had disdain for the album.

Vader

Reaction score
If the rest anywhere near as good as Wishing Well I know I'll like it...I mean they didn't replace the bassist with Sid Vicious or anything right ? :D

I think I'll be alright with it if that's all it is.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
If the rest anywhere near as good as Wishing Well I know I'll like it...I mean they didn't replace the bassist with Sid Vicious or anything right ? :D

I think I'll be alright with it if that's all it is.

Yeah, like I said, it doesn't bother me one bit. The production sound is a bit different, but I still think it's a great album.

Vader

Reaction score
I'll check out both Tons of Sobs and Heartbreaker next then. Thx

Vader

Reaction score
I think Heartbreaker Is pretty cool...sounds a lot like Bad Company in some ways...maybe a
little more polished then Fire & Water ...I like it.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^ I agree with you Vader, Heartbreaker gives an early indication as to Paul Rodgers next direction (that's how I see it). I think there are some brilliant moments on the album .. Come Together, the title track, Muddy Water and Seven Angels .. awesome.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online