Forgotten Rebels

mrJim

Reaction score
Forgotten Rebels announce a show in Hamilton Ont. Saturday August 20th and the Hamilton Beer Festival.

Hamilton Beer Festival | Hamilton's Premier Beer & Music Festival

I Would really like to see the Rebels tour again. First to the US stateside in Buffalo, NY then who knows.

IMO The Punk Rock Bowling Festival would be a good fit for these guys. "Longest remaining Canadian punk band" dating back to 1977. I don't think any other band could claim that. Maybe the Diodes formed in 76 but basically non existent through the most of the 80's-2000's but have put shows together as recently as 2015.

We need these guys back they really put on a great show and are a hell of a lot of fun.

https://www.facebook.com/forgottenrebels/
14022302_10153995272894087_5952326977690340180_n.png

Jim

Last edited:

rtbuck

Reaction score
Mr. Jim... More than anything I would love a new cd with the current line-up. They seem to have been playing 4 or 5 new tunes in the past few years...I wouldn't even mind if they reworked a few old tunes with the new ones! The latest line-up seems pretty tight & they work together well. I really wanted to go Saturday but just noticed it Friday & we already had plans for Saturday. I haven't heard any rumblings for Buffalo recently...

mrJim

Reaction score
Poppies

and there is a play on words here as well.

"Poppies" are flowers so Mickey supports the peter paul and mary version. :)

But what does Mickey like most? Yep the girls

"Poppies" was also slang for pretty fun loving intelligent Girls.

There is also a drug reference there as well but i am not totally sure they were trying to use that angle.

But you know Mickey. Make it so so out there and stupid it cant be true, but it will shock those who arent smart enough to know the difference

Jim

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online