Forgotten Rebels

rtbuck

Reaction score
The Forgotten Rebels

135-88-04-14Athumb.jpg

From Hamilton, Ontario the Forgotten Rebels led by lead singer Micky DeSadist have been supplying good old fashioned "Punk" since 1977. Over the years the band has changed members but Mickey has always been there & has always been entertaining. Throughout the 80's the band had a steady line-up featuring Mickey, guitarist Mike Mirabella, drummer Dave McGhire(who remained a Rebel until the early 2000's), & bassist Mike Szykowny (who also went under the names Spike & Mike Lumen). By 1989 Mirabella left & his replacement Jeffrey Dee Campbell still remains a member of the Forgotten Rebels (when they still play an occasional gig).

What do you get at a Forgotten Rebels show? Answer: Loud Raw punk with a bit of glam & a ton of laughs from frontman Mickey DeSadist (The guy could have probably had a career as a stand-up comedian). I seen the Forgotten Rebels at least 20 times since the 80's & they never once disappointed. At one show they had a CD release Showcase gig for their 'Untitled ' album which was not well publicized & the weather was bad so there was only about 25 people at the show (almost every other show I seen was a sell out). At this show though they still played their asses off & were even taking requests from the crowd (I yelled out "Personality Crisis" & they played it). The Goo Goo Dolls opened a bunch of shows for them back in the 80's & those shows were always a riot. The Forgotten Rebels shows featured their own original tunes and a few covers such as Gary Glitter's "Hello Hello", Barry Maguire's "Eve of Destruction", Mott the Hoople's "Roll Away the Stone",
Bowie's "Ziggy Stardust" & occasionally "Louie Louie". Every show, a few songs into their set , Mickey would take off his shirt displaying his white scrawny chest & tell the girls to go home & think of him when they're making love to their boyfriends. During one of their very fast punk tunes titled "Live Strippers in Action" Mickey would act bored out of his mind & sometimes even lay down on the stage while singing this song at 100 MPH (one time he sang it after he chewed a whole roll of rolaids & layed on the stage foaming from the mouth). They have many great original tunes but my favorite is the guitar driven "Surfin' on Heroin" (Unfortunately Youtube has no decent versions. the 2 studio versions really kick ass).

Their discography(Their main releases):

518E2M7AZ9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Tomorrow Belongs to Us (1978) (1978)
1. National unity
2. Nazis
3. 3rd Homosexual murder
4. Angry

510CAVakIYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

In Love With the System (1979)

1. Bomb The Boats And Feed The Fish
2. I Think Of Her
3. In Love With The System
4. The Punks Are Allright
5. Rich And Bored
6. Time To Run
7. **** Me Dead
8. No Beatles Reunion
9. You're A Rebel Too
10. I Left My Heart In Iran
11. Elvis Is Dead
12. Bones In The Hallway

front+rebels+hollywood+blog.jpg
This Ain't Hollywood (1981)

1. Hello Hello
2. Tell Me You Love Me
3. This Ain't Hollywood
4. Don't Hide Your Face
5. Memory Lane
6. Surfin' On Heroin
7. Rhona Barrett
8. The Me Generation
9. England Keep Yer Stars
10. Eve Of Destruction
11. Your Own Little World
12. Save the Last Dance For Me
13. It Won't Be Long

51KaKlu-J2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
The Pride and Disgrace (1986)

1. Ethiopia
2. Sadie
3. Graveyard Rock
4. Rain
5. Little Girl
6. Hiding In Your Room
7. I Am King
8. Bomb Russia
9. Matchstick Man
10. Live Strippers
11. Underwear
12. Surfin' On Heroin
13. Bonus track: Bomb Russia (Replay)

face+blog+forgotten+rebels+surfin%27.jpg
Surfin' on Heroin (1984)

Bomb The Boats
I'm In Love With The System
Let's Go Back
A.I.D.S.
I Left My Heart In Iran
Rock & Roll's A Hard Life
Little Girl Thrills
Live Strippers In Action
Hell Begins At Home
Elvis Is Dead
Surfin' On Heroin
FMD

boyswillbeboyslpfront.jpg

Boys Will Be Boys (1985)

1. I Can't Wait
2. Boys Will Be Boys
3. High School Nervous Breakdown
4. Reason To Dance

619JlI0gkhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

(Untitled) (1989)

1. Behind Bars
2. Touch Me
3. Dizzy
4. Good Times (Never Last)
5. Tea & Crumpets
6. Wild-Eyed Darlin'
7. I Gotta Axe
8. The Girl Can't Come
9. Evelyn Dick
10. Don't Die Alone
11. Science Fiction Double Feature (Theme From The Rocky Horror Show)

criminalzerofront.gif

Criminal Zero (1994)

1. The Hammer 3:36
2. Buried Alive 4:03
3. Asshole 3:42
4. Gangland 3:28
5. Autosuck 2:05
6. Karaoke Nite In Attica 3:00
7. Do It To You 2:13
8. Hard Knox 2:53
9. Prisoners 3:31
10. Next Big Thrill 3:08
11. Views 3:16
12. New Flag 3:07
13. Shit For Brains 3:01

61VCNN02QPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Nobody's Heros (2000)

1. Hockeynite
2. The American In Me
3. No Place To Hide
4. Highschool Hookers
5. Dickwart
6. Zeros
7. New Look
8. Hey Little Girl
9. Fool Me Once
10. Crackin Me Up
11. Wasted
12. Baby Baby
13. Ready To Beat U
14. Shrink Dink

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That is like a complete condensed history of the band Bucky...:D

mrJim

Reaction score
I just spun my Vinyl copy of Surfin' on Heroin.

It was awesome!

So Bump this thread for one of my all time favorite bands!

Jim

Last edited:

rtbuck

Reaction score
I'm hoping to make it out to see the Forgotten Rebels in Lewiston, NY tonight. Thanks Mr. Jim for the heads up on the show! This will be the first time in 23 years they are playing in the US so I don't want to miss them. I've been listening to them non stop since yesterday.

mrJim

Reaction score
^^ Good Luck Buck. I wish I could be there with you.

When I sent you the heads up, I was trying to pull all my clothes together so I could jump in the car and come up to buffalo that night. Sue talked sense into me and said it wasn't planned enough.

If that show in October I found happens I will be up there! Buck I will be there.

Good Luck Man! It's been too long since I have seen Mickey and a Rebels Show!

Jim

rtbuck

Reaction score
The Forgotten Rebels were awesome last Saturday night and as I sat up in the bleachers I wanted nothing more than to be 25-30 years younger so I could have been right up front slam dancing with the crowd. Even my wife turned to me and said "You really want to be upfront don't you!" It was really the first time my wife seen the Rebels as they haven't been in the States in 23 years & she loved them. How could you not love them as they kick your ass musically and then you have the hilarious personality of lead singer Mickey DeSadist. He started off the show with a joke and then the band began the guitar driven intro of Bomb the Boats(feed the fish) when all of a sudden Mickey stopped the band and said "Wait I have another joke...How many Ram ones does it take to screw in a light bulb??? ...1,2,3,4!!!!!"& they launched back into the opening tune which set the pace for the entire night...getting your ass kicked with their brand of rock and roll and laughing hysterically. They played all of their regular tunes such as I Think of Her, In Love with the System, Angry, Time to Run, The Punks are Alright (actually the Who's Kids are Alright), Live Strippers in Action, F#%k me Dead, Elvis is Dead, Hello Hello(Gary Glitter), Search And Destroy(Stooges), and of course they closed their 25 song set with their classic nod to those beach blanket movies from the 60's starring Annette in Frankie ...Surfin' on Heroin where they use the names of Frankie, Annette, & even Eric Von Zipper in the lyrics with a Ramones meets the the Beach boys sound.

The Forgotten Rebels are a lot of fun...I just wish they would re release their music because I'm sure there are people out there that see their shows & would love to own some of their music. If you like 70's/80's style Punk check them out you can sometimes find used cd's. I'd highly recommend Untitled, Pride & Disgrace, In Love with the System, or the vinyl This Ain't Hollywood!

mrJim

Reaction score
Bump for October 18th. Its been too long since the last time I took in a Rebels show.

Jim

rtbuck

Reaction score
Great friggin' show in Buffalo Saturday Night! The Rebels were phenomenal and this was the first time in probably at least 20 years I got to see one of my best friends...Mr. Jim! It's been wild because I was seeing these cool posts by Mr. Jim in South Carolina and then I finally figured out who he was. Had it not been for this site I doubt our paths would've crossed. Anyway, it was touch and go if I would make the show because I was sick for 14 days but I made the show and it was phenomenal. It was funny because the place hooked me up with a seat because I can't stand for more than about 10 minutes and we were there for a bit and my wife asked if Mr. Jim would bring his son and sure enough he was right next to us. A couple of other old friends showed up and all I wish was that I was 25 years younger because I wanted to be up front where the slamming was going on. The Rebels had to have played at least 28 songs spanning their career and also played a few new songs that makes me anxious for a new release. The sound was great as they blitzed through classics like Bomb the Boats, In Love with the System, I Think of Her, Tell me You Love Me, Angry, Time to Run, Evelyn Dick, F#$k Me Dead, Hello Hello, and of course Surfin' on Heroin. It was a similar playlist to what I had seen over the summer. They were really full of energy as the venue was pretty packed. Singer Mickey Desadist was hilarious with his jokes and humor. He had on a pair of white ankle high shoes and couldn't stop sliding on the stage and he even said he should've brought his Hockey stick down from Canada. The band sounded really tight with Jeffrey Dee Campbell on guitar and the rhythm section of drummer Dan Casale and former Svengali bassist Shawn Maher. At one point someone from the crowd jumped up onstage and when security came out to get him he ran behind the drum kit. Casale never missed a beat with all the action going on around him. Mickey kept telling everyone that they couldn't bring their cd's over the border to sell which he probably seen a ton of potential sales. He plugged Dr. Disc in Hamilton if you want to get their cd's by mail which Dr. Disc is phenomenal as I had bought a few things from him over the years. The next day I went to my favorite record shop in Buffalo called Record Theater as Mr. Jim told me they had Rebels stuff there on Friday and sure enough they had 5 cd's by them(granted I had them all but it's great someone carries them locally). Great show and it was great to see that they still have a lot of fans here in Buffalo...(& in South Carolina!)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online