Focus (Official Thread)

Belexes

Internet Tough Guy
Reaction score
Re: Focus

Absolutely splendid band, and Thijs is a genius in the true sense of the word.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I think they are my favourite band from Holland EF. Just a fantastic outfit IMO.

Ayreon gets my vote as favorite band, although it is basically Arjen Lucassen & Friends.

Golden Earring has long been my favorite old rock band from the Netherlands, but I did pick up a copy of "Moving Waves" two weeks ago so I'll give Focus another chance.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^ I agree two more great bands LG. I think as well as the sound it's the good memories I have that are triggered when ever I play Focus. From me being a kid their music seems to have been part of the background.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I thought I'd give this a play, from 1972. This double album was a blinder ..

Focus III

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Great minds must think alike Sox....:D

I just picked up a vinyl rip of "Hamburger Concerto" the original pressing and it sounds amazing.....I now have two Focus albums.

2iswbhw.jpg

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^Excellent choice .. Sweaty has just picked up a couple of tickets for us to go see them in Leeds. Arthur Brown (The God Of Hellfire) is on as well so should be a good night.

Birth

:bow:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
We will I think, I love this band and cannot praise them enough, I have seen them many times and think they are well worth going to see many times they inspire me to keep listening to music and they keep producing topper albums :)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Cheers snowblue :grinthumb We did indeed enjoy the show. They played a blistering set, "Eruption" was off the scale really brilliant musicianship. "Sylvia" and "House Of The King" masterful. "Harem Scarem" and "Hocus Pocus" just lit up the show. What a superb night they never fail to deliver 10/10. :cheers2

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I agree Sox what a fantastic night was had, as usual they were top banana and I cannot wait to hear the new album, cover from Roger Dean will be a blinder I am sure. I love this band and have seen them on a number of occasions and each time they get better and better, I love them :)

Arthur Brown was also very good, again he is a fantastic performer and some groovy chicks in the band man:whistle:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Members online