Focus (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
cover_402861252009.jpg

focus.jpg

Focus Official Website

I noticed that we did not have a thread for dutch band FOCUS! One of the better progressive bands, with an incredible guitarist in Jan Akkerman!! So I thought without a huge introduction to start a thread and create a stop for all the FOCUS fans here. I know we probably have quite a few...so don't be shy...share your favorites and post away!! For any newbies to this band...check it out...you may like what you see, although I'm sure you will remember their biggest hit "Hocus Pocus" and not even known who did it.

Albums:

1970 Focus Plays Focus(aka In And Out Of Focus)
1971 Focus II (aka Moving Waves)
1972 Focus 3
1973 At the Rainbow
1974 Hamburger Concerto
1975 Mother Focus
1976 Ship of Memories
1978 Focus con Proby
1985 Focus
2002 Focus 8
2006 Focus 9 / New Skin
2012 Focus X

focus_wavesb.jpg

ENJOY!!!!

Hocus Pocus : Live Midnight Special

Studio Version

One Of My Favorite Tunes: SYLVIA

Last edited by a moderator:

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Re: Focus

:bow::bow:

Thanks for bringing them up. :grinthumb
I love this Dutch hard prog rock, I completely forgot I need to get them on my HDD. The slow version of Hocus Pocus always makes me laugh. :oyea:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

:oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

Bro! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! Thanks for finding that...

Here's a cool tune...

Focus IV

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

Man I love this band and have seen them many times, they play England a lot, I met Thijs Van Leer in Chesterfield after a gig, he is a great chap. Love This tune :)

House of the King

snowblue

Reaction score

One of my favourite bands. I first heard them in the early '70's when Moving Waves came out. I was on holiday and sitting on the beach on a beautiful day and every time I listen to them, it takes me right back to that day. I enjoy all their music but definitely prefer their slow, dreamy stuff....it's so relaxing! :)

joe

Reaction score

"Hocus Pocus" has to be one of the most leading hit singles in rock history IMO. Doesn't really represent the group's style and structure. None the less, a great tune.

Moving Waves(Focus II), Focus III and Hamburger Concerto are far away thier best studio efforts but again another example of a great band changing thier style to try and hit the big time and failed IMO. Mother Focus was the beginning of the end for the band. Again, I'm baffled.

"Anonymus II"(Focus III) and "Eruption"(Moving Waves) can match up against any of the other side long prog epics of the day.Van Leer and Akkerman have to be two of the most underrated musicians of "the golden age of prog".
Birth

Answers Questions Questions Answers (Live)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

A brilliant band IMO and a great live act. Here's a couple of belters ..
Red Sky at Night

Harem Scarem

Top notch musicians with a good sense of humour ,, I really enjoy their gigs. :cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online