Florence & the Machine (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Well I wouldn't say that. Here's what I think is the comparison between the two...."Ceremonials" is like a Goddess screaming from the top of a mountain to all the tribes in the dells and valleys below with all of the magnificence and majesties she can offer. "Lungs" has the same sort of vibe BUT only on some of the songs and in smaller dosages. Now that doesn't sound as good as the grandness I described in "Ceremonials" but there is a lot more music diversity on "Lungs" and the songs seem to have more individuality and I like that more between the two. They're both amazing though. :)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Here you go Harm. Florence performing on X Factor last night. Not the best I've seen of her thus far but at times when she's hitting the more powerful moments in her songs she reminds me a bit of Grace Slick and she is an incredible stage presence and very elegant!

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Fantastic, Jen. :grinthumb Florence is so captivating there, even if she is barely even moving (I blame the dress :heheh:)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I'll have to give Ceremonials another good thorough listening then give you my thoughts on it, though I'm debating whether or not I should buy Lungs first because I usually feel a bit iffy about buying albums out of order and feel I could understand her music more if I started from the beginning. Glad you liked it. :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Well if that's how you feel then wouldn't by listening to "Ceremonials" first and then "Lungs" kind of make the former make more sense? Kind of like catching the end of a movie and then watching the whole thing? ;)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Well if that's how you feel then wouldn't by listening to "Ceremonials" first and then "Lungs" kind of make the former make more sense? Kind of like catching the end of a movie and then watching the whole thing? ;)

I expected a witty response to that. ;)

I had heard a tiny tiny bit of Lungs first but neglected to buy it, then when I saw Florence on SNL I knew I had to get Ceremonials. But I hear this new album is breaking that "the second album is never as good as the first" music rule so I think I made the right choice. But I will get Lungs. :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Well I'm glad you know me well enough to somehow see that coming. :heheh:

But I will say completely that "Ceremonials" is a much greater musical achievement for Florence than "Lungs" is. It's a more breathtaking album that stands out a whole lot more than "Lungs" does but again, I like the individualism of some of the songs from the former a smidgen more.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
And the high profile appearances keep piling on for Florence with an appearance at Dick Clark's New Years Rockin' Eve, and as always she killed it. :grinthumb

She is very high on my list of artists that I want see live.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Vid didn't work for me Harm, but I listened to "Shake It Out" quite a bit lately and the more I hear it I realize it has a great message and paired with her powerful lyrics it has become a new fave of mine.

And every demon wants his pound of flesh
But I like to keep some things to myself
I like to keep my issues drawn
It's always darkest before the dawn

And I've been a fool and I've been blind
I can never leave the past behind
I can see no way, I can see no way
I'm always dragging that horse around

Those lyrics speak to me specifically, but then again I am absolutely horrible at interpreting song meaning so...

As far as her live performance staples as of late go I really enjoy "No Light, No Light". :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Today tickets went on sale for when Florence comes to Cleveland in a couple months. They went on sale at noon, after my shift at work started, and sold out before I got home to buy mine. :uh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FernandoRu

Staff online

Members online