Florence & the Machine (Official Thread)

Bryter Later

Reaction score
Florence and The Machine
tumblr_kr78ggbkkn1qz92ws.jpg

Florence & The Machine Webiste

Discography:

2009: Lungs
2011: Ceremonials

:grinthumb I apologize if anyone has already started this thread, but I was wondering what we all think of Florence & the Machine?

:bow: That sums up my opinion,yes,I think they are one of the most original and best indie bands to emerge for the 21st century. Her vocals combine everything from Siouxsie,Kate Bush,etc and her stage prescence is very Stevie Nicks in feel. Her cover of The Chain at Glasto' this year was awesome.And their cover of You've got the Love in my opinion betters the original. Originality,and I hope that they equal,if not better,their maqgnificent debut album Lungs,with their follow up. :tup: from me.

Cheers :cheers2, Bryter.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Re: Florence & the Machine

:cheers2 Im in total agreement our Florence is amazing!! Her vocals on "you got the love" are outstanding!! Everytime I hear her do this marvellous cover...sends shivers down my spine.
Just checking on you tube...there are lots of remixes to the song aswell...pretty good.
Not got any cds but id love her to take more of a "rock" approach to her music .......now that would be interesting!!!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Never heard of her before Bryter, I am curious now so I will look around and see what I can find to evaluate Florence & the Machine.

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

I really apprecoate Florence's wimpless approach to new music......

Fisha

Reaction score

Lol wow, I can't believe there is someone who hasn't heard of Florence. They ahve just had so much publicity in Australia it's amazing. It's great to hear quality music on the radio though, despite it all sounding a bit samish but yeh the second album may really define them as a great band.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

I'm slowly familiarising myself with Miss Welch's works, and I have to say she does have some very nice pipes. Her cover of "You've Got The Love" demonstrates that, and the whole heavy indie sound of the debut album is a refreshing listen :grinthumb

Bryter Later

Reaction score

Some more Florence vids to for people to enjoy. She really is a great performer and a great vocalist, and imho, a very attractive woman. :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I actually just listened to to Florence & the Machine for the first time a few days ago at the VMA and I thought it was the best performance of the night. :grinthumb

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score

Florence is stunning and so is the band. Seen them a few times already as she has come to NYC twice already and will be back in Nov.

So glad she has caught on around the world. I've gone thru so many of the songs on Lungs I'm not sure what I like the best now. Blinding is right now my favorite.
Hm do I have pictures?
Of course. :Lol:
4507168448_6b6c7750cb.jpg

4509264983_a713775973.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online