Florence & the Machine (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Normally I don't like to have new albums spoiled for me but in the case of Florence + the Machine...I'm making an exception. This is the first song released off of the upcoming album and while it's not as catchy as "Kiss With a Fist" or uplifting in the same way that "Dog Days Are Over" was it still has that large, soundscape that is I believe is becoming a signature style for Miss Florence. :D

Also, I do believe she is on her way to being one of the most mesmerizing frontwomen in a very long time. ;)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Both "Lover to Lover" and "Leave My Body" are two songs that I instantly loved from the first listen of "Ceremonials". Here are two others that I really loved. :grinthumb

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
So Florence and the Machine were the musical guests on SNL this past weekend and I LOVED them! I assume these are songs from their new album (which I definitely want to pick up now). Florence is lovely!

She was also in one of the skits about a Thanksgiving music compilation. :heheh:

Flow Diggity: The Adult Table
Edit: Video Removed From Youtube

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I saw this performance today from the Oxygen festival and was absolutely floored by it. Florence ignited the crowd more than any other act at the event (at least from what I saw) and she singing in the rain like this was just so majestic and magnificent...

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
She's definitely more alive in that performance vs. the first performances I've seen of hers on SNL. I haven't listened to Ceremonials but from what I hear it's being praised as even better than Lungs, which is a hard feat to accomplish, surpassing the first album and all and overcoming that sophomore album slump as they call it.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I really love what she did with "Ceremonials" but I think I prefer "Lungs" between the two honestly. The former is a much more grandiose and majestic album though. So fantastic. :grinthumb

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
What I got from Lungs when I previewed it was the sense that it's much more poppy and upbeat. I could be wrong though.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online