Favorite progressive rock bands?

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Kim Mitchell's band get overlooked then Pigeonholed into 'cult prog'... they remain one of my favourite Canadian outfits... bits of Genesis, Eno and Yes are all abound.
Max Webster - Diamonds Diamonds.
They reminded me of Supertramp ...who I always thought were ''prog lite''. Never really got into ***** either though there are a few songs by them I like.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
I'm sorry dr wu, I can't react constructively to your post... as I'm sure this site thrives on interaction but I've absolutely no idea what ****** means!
Not your fault I know, it's this woke algorithm that has been shoved upon us.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
I'm sorry dr wu, I can't react constructively to your post... as I'm sure this site thrives on interaction but I've absolutely no idea what ****** means!
Not your fault I know, it's this woke algorithm that has been shoved upon us.
Sorry that was Supertramp shortened to the last part of their name...was never a big fan of them.
This blocking out of various words is really silly.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Hmmm....so many prog bands I like ..I suppose the 'big 6' for sure:
King Crimson
Yes
Genesis
Jethro Tull
ELP
Pink Floyd
then.......
Gentle Giant, VDGG, Moody Blues, Caravan, Camel, Hatfield, National Health, Soft Macine, Traffic, PFM,
Renaissance, Kansas, Rush, Zappa, Wobbler, IQ, Spocks Beard, Porcupine Tree/Wilson, etc.
Great bands all of them. Haven't heard of Wobbler and IQ. Will check them out.

E-Z

Reaction score
I can take a little bit of 'progressive rock' from the early 1970s with bands such as Deep Purple the In Rock 1970 and Fireball 1971 albums and The Groundhogs the Thank Christ For The Bomb 1970 and Split 1971 albums and the Dutch band Focus the Moving Waves 1971 and Focus III 1972 albums but on the whole I'm a blues/rocker!!.

Bands like Genius and Supertramp don't do anything for me and never did and a band like Emerson, Lake & Palmer that I want to like are ok up to a point but I wanna hear some electric guitar after short while!!. Greenslade's first album from 1973 is ok but again there's no electric guitar anywhere and as for Gong and Caravan you've gotta be taking something to get into them bands I guess?.

Yes in the 1970s were ok.

Last edited:

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
There is no other prog rock thread where one can post strictly prog videos so.....this is the one now for posting prog rock band songs/bands.

Diagonal have been around for a few years ,,,,eclectic but stunning music. The latest one.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.