Favorite Band Formed Less Than 20 Years Ago?

the_spore

God Emperor
Reaction score
There are tons of bands that are less than twenty years old I dig so I'll just name five of them.

Empire of the Sun, Daft Punk, Basement Jaxx, High on Fire, and Astral Projection.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Yeah. I was considering their first album actually. I just put them in the same group considering that all their success has been in the last 20 years.

That's understandable. I will admit that they've had success. But the only albums i've really liked from Green Day are American Idiot and Dookie. Anything else is just meh to me. To be fair, I went through the Green Day phase, where everything I listened to was Green Day and any band that were in at that time. I will also admit that as much as I don't like their recent stuff, they still sound pretty good.

Last edited:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I'm gonna go with The Decemberists as well. They formed back in 2000 I believe. Very good band.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

So far two great albums IMO and they are fantastic live.

Black Stone Cherry was the first band to come to mind for me. I've got both of their albums and really enjoy their stuff. Hell of a good band. I hope they are around for years to come.

Another band that came to mind is Godsmack. I don't like everything they've done, but I do like a lot of it.

Alice in Chains would be my #1 choice if we were simply talking about bands who's first album came out within the past 20 years (Facelift came out in summer of 1990, so its still under 21 yrs), but they formed in like 1987 or so, so I guess that they don't count.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
It's a toss up...I change from week to week what is actually my favorite.

Nightwish

music183.jpg

Within Temptation

orig-11992351.jpg

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
^Nightwish with Tarja? Or Nighwish with Anette? Or both :tongue:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads