Everybody Gets Them But Me!

joe

Reaction score
Absolutely. I loved Montrose, but this left me baffled. A similar band is Black country Communion, because, up to that point, Glenn Hughes could do no wrong for me.

I have a review on file on thier first album but haven't posted it yet. Maybe I'll do that now. All hell might break lose.:D

Haven't heard any BCC though I did D/L an album while back but haven't listened to yet.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I have a review on file on thier first album but haven't posted it yet. Maybe I'll do that now. All hell might break lose.:D

Haven't heard any BCC though I did D/L an album while back but haven't listened to yet.

Go ahead and post your review Joe.. But Chickenfoot to me has came around bringing back dirty rock and to some, they miss bands that play that sort of music.. I find I'm getting more in a rut with bands I like.. But I like the rut and I have plenty of music to listen too.. But I get what the guys in Chickenfoot are doing.. and I appreciate it..:cheers2

joe

Reaction score
Absolutely. I loved Montrose, but this left me baffled. A similar band is Black country Communion, because, up to that point, Glenn Hughes could do no wrong for me.

Go ahead and post your review Joe.. But Chickenfoot to me has came around bringing back dirty rock and to some, they miss bands that play that sort of music.. I find I'm getting more in a rut with bands I like.. But I like the rut and I have plenty of music to listen too.. But I get what the guys in Chickenfoot are doing.. and I appreciate it..:cheers2

By all means. :grinthumb

If I could ask you? What is dirty rock? I haven't heard this description before. Just curious. It's not at all ill intended.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Radiohead, KISS, and The Rolling Stones.

Keep in mind, i've given each of the bands I mentioned a very good chance, but they didn't do anything for me. But they seem to be very popular in terms of what bands people like and listen to.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
By all means. :grinthumb

If I could ask you? What is dirty rock? I haven't heard this description before. Just curious. It's not at all ill intended.

Dirty Rock is what you get when you take influences from all over the music industry, filter out the crap and put it to work. ;)

Death on Credit

Reaction score
U2
Pink Floyd
Radiohead
The Grateful Dead
KISS
Nick Cave
The Beatles
Aerosmith
Lynard Skynard
Peter Frampton
Eric Clapton

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
Kings of Leon. Other than "Crawl" I just don't get the facination.

Duffy. She is supposed to have a great voice, so I checked out a couple videos. The sound this banshee emitted was anything but tolerable. Just bad.

Blink 182. Tried, just don't understand.

Abraxas

Reaction score
KISS
The Rolling Stones
Nine Inch Nails
Twisted Sister
Aerosmith
Lynard Skynard
Nirvana

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Never knew this thread even existed. I, for the life of me, have never been able to figure out the big deal with the Beatles. I've tried on several occasions to get into their music but I just can't. I just find it to be incredibly bland. This of course is just my little opinion and I won't knock on anyone for liking them. They're just not my cup of tea.

I'll add to this:

U2
Janis Joplin
Red Hot Chili Peppers
KISS (if you didn't know already ;))
Bruce Springsteen
Rod Stewart
Pat Benatar
Joan Jett
Bon Jovi
The Ramones
Fall Out Boy
The Killers
Def Leppard
Soundgarden
Alice in Chains
AC/DC
Pretty much anything metal
I could go on and on...

Last edited:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
These are some bands I get to hear a lot because Sox is a big fan, and I have tried, really I have, to like them but I'm just not feeling it!

ELP
Yes
Pink Floyd
Hawkwind
Crosby, Stills & Nash (& Young)

Also, KISS, Journey, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Poison, Blink 182, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Oasis..

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online

No members online now.