Everybody Gets Them But Me!

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
I agree with Slip's comment that the disagreements here tend to be cordial and civil for the most part unlike other sites I'm on where it gravitates towards juvenile. With regards to Queen...their popularity in America slid after the release of Hot Space. May even admitted it as much in a book that I have read.

As far as Southern rock? I like what that faction puts out though it isn't necessarily as high on my usual suspects program as far as playback.

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score
I'll add to this:

U2
Janis Joplin
Red Hot Chili Peppers
KISS (if you didn't know already ;))
Bruce Springsteen
Rod Stewart
Pat Benatar
Joan Jett
Bon Jovi
The Ramones
Fall Out Boy
The Killers
Def Leppard
Soundgarden
Alice in Chains
AC/DC
Pretty much anything metal
I could go on and on...

I absolutely agree with you on Bruce Springsteen (sorry JG, he's a looker but never been a fan), Rod Stewart, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bon Jovi and KISS (here's where I get a lecture from Lynch). :D

I just can't stand Bon Jovi. If I hear Livin on a Prayer on the radio one more time, I'm gonna snap some necks. :bonk:

I like some of AC/DC's songs when Bon Scott was in the band but other than that, meh.

Never heard much of The Killers and Fall Out Boy to develop an opinion.

I like U2's material when they first started out (i.e. Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Years Day, I Will Follow, etc.) but other than that, they're a bore fest in my opinion.

It's ironic that you're not a fan of metal Jen, considering the fact that Zeppelin are the god fathers of metal. :heheh:

Last edited:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
^^^ :grinthumb I just don't like the extreme headbanging stuff. Buuut, my mom's husband said I'm welcome to come over and rummage through his extensive metal collection and I've been thinking of doing it for awhile now. He's a huge fan of Maiden and always tries to get me into them. No such luck yet.

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score
One particular artist that I just cannot get into is Bob Dylan. I've listened to a few of his songs just to give him a chance and I'm just not feeling it. I'll give him credit for his songwriting but I'm sorry, his voice is just too grating on the ears to really pay attention to the words. :bonk:

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
^^^^^ I love a lot of Bob's early recordings but that's about it.

I'm not going to list individual bands/singers I don't get because most of them have a song or two I like. Having said that, Parkway Drive and Slipknot are probably two bands I simply cannot listen to.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online

No members online now.