Ever judge an album by its cover alone?

rockgoddess1968

Reaction score
I bought this album just based on the cover.........it really caught my eye....and now I love Disturbed.

disturbed-indestructible-album-art-cover-5542.jpeg

Mr. T

Reaction score
Guess I'm an oddball but when I was a kid I bought dozens and dozens of albums based strictly on the cover. Lived in a small town where there was only a crap AM station and of course there was no net yet so I had to take my chances many times. Most times I was pleased but then again an album was only 4 bucks new back then! :heheh:

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Depends. I usually don't look at the cover, more keen to know what's inside. However if album cover has pentagrams and inverted crosses and was released in 80s I always say "this must be a good album" and I am always right. :heheh:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I probably would be judging it more positively if I were to judge by an album cover before I knew what was on the CD. Judging an album by it's cover in a negative way before listening to the album would be kind of pointless. Some album art is pretty amazing too, and that in some cases could be enough for me to want to purchase it.

WetWilly

Whiskey Rock-A-Roller
Reaction score
Bought this without having heard anything while I was in high school. The music did live up to the cover.:grinthumb

album-molly-hatchet.jpg

That's funny, I also bought that one based on the cover. Well actually I saw the album cover then had to go find it on 8-Track. I tell you R.Evans you & I seem to have a few things in common, now if I can just persuade you to become a Razorback fan, then you'd be A-OK in my book:)

joe

Reaction score
Only twice. It was Venom's At War With Satan when it was first released in 1983. My god, it was awful when I listened to it the first time. I tried to take it back to the store where I bought it and said it skipped, hoping to get an exchange. I lied and got caught as the employee put it on the store's turntable and well...it didn't skip. Damn.:blush2:

The second was 666 by Vangelis' first band, Aphrodite Child's only a couple of months later. This album scarred the hell out of me. Blasphemy. However this time the album did have a skip in it and fortunate enough for me the shop didn't have another copy so I got a credit. God works in mysterious ways. That day I switched my allegiances.:D

B000003C4L.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

AphroditesChild_-_666(Front)%5B1%5D.jpg

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
All Iron Maiden covers are cool, they alone initially got me hooked on the band, then I found out how ****ing amazing the music is too.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online