Ever judge an album by its cover alone?

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Have you ever purchased or not purchased an album based on its cover before you ever heard the music? Were you pleased or disappointed afterward?

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes I bought Iron Maiden "Killers" because of the album cover,I had never heard a note or of this band. I thought with a cover like that....it hs to be good!!

It was!! :bow:

album-Iron-Maiden-Killers.jpg

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
absolutely! I bought Sticky Fingers for the cover. Putting a real zipper on the sleeve was really cool and suggestive. :bow: I was not a fan of the stones, so I had not heard the album yet. I was surprised! To this day, this is my favorite stones album.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
First album I ever bought was Yes-Fragile back in 1972. My brother said "you can't buy an album because you like the cover". I think he was wrong.

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
I didn't think I could go wrong with this CD by a band named Jaguar Love no less.

61bvXFVzStL._SS500_.jpg

Well it's bad. Screechy new age vocals with uninspired instrumental backing.

:wtf:

Flower

retired
Reaction score
How could you go wrong with a cover like this one?

dubtriocover.jpg

The Dub Trio ~

They sound like 50's beatnik (think Maynard G. Krebbs) music to me .. I walk and don't run out of the room screaming .. even after a half dozen plays, I haven't warmed up to them ...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Guilty I bought "Starwood" in the late 70's just cause the cover looked interesting...the music was decent but not up to the artwork on the cover...:heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Yeah them too Flower I have 4 Budgie CD's, and I do like them, although they are an acquired taste admittedly.;)

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score
Yes. I bought the Heartbeat City album by The Cars in 1984. The album cover had a Sassy Grass green 71 Plymouth Duster on it so I just had to buy it.:heheh: Music wise, a marginal Cars album at best. Panorama is a better album.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online