Eminem (Official Thread)

Beautiful Loser

Pig On The Wing
Reaction score
pulse u should cop the book angry blonde and my ranking is similar. i have to put TES number 1 for personal significance then id put MMLP SSLP Relapse Recovery and encore i disagree with your relapse statement i think every song is good on relapse but recovery on the other hand has unlistenable tracks. still love recovery dont get me wrong i think going through changes is better than anything and everything on relapse and those albums are neck and neck but i give the nod to relapse

Pulse

Reaction score
pulse u should cop the book angry blonde and my ranking is similar. i have to put TES number 1 for personal significance then id put MMLP SSLP Relapse Recovery and encore i disagree with your relapse statement i think every song is good on relapse but recovery on the other hand has unlistenable tracks. still love recovery dont get me wrong i think going through changes is better than anything and everything on relapse and those albums are neck and neck but i give the nod to relapse

I have the Angry Blonde and it's very good. :) Also, check out his autobiography The Way I Am. It's excellent. I disagree with every track being good on Relapse. There's some where he is just trying way, WAY too hard (Underground anyone?). And the accent brings the album down a few notches as well. Deja Vu still stands as his best song since his return though. Recovery I count as his true comeback. Only one or two tracks I don't like. But hey, to each their own.

Beautiful Loser

Pig On The Wing
Reaction score
for me underground and must be the ganja are the worst songs on relapse. still good tho not nearly as bad as no love or WTP. for me deja vu is the best song on relapse but doesn't touch going through changes and ive had way i am since it was released

Pulse

Reaction score
for me underground and must be the ganja are the worst songs on relapse. still good tho not nearly as bad as no love or WTP. for me deja vu is the best song on relapse but doesn't touch going through changes and ive had way i am since it was released

I think Insane, We Made You, Crack a Bottle, and Old Time's Sake are the worst songs on Relapse. No Love I'm assuming you hate because of Lil Wayne. Eminem's verse however is perhaps the best on the album. I like Deja Vu more than Going Through Changes because the hook is ten times better. Deja Vu is easily in my top ten Eminem songs of all time. GTC isn't even my favorite song on Recovery. Space Bound is. All in all, Relapse is better production wise, but Recovery is better overall. Glad to hear you have his book.

Last edited:

Robbo

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has posted the Kid Rock/Eminem track in here yet considering this is a Rock forum

Eminem's diss tracks are amongst his better work IMO including this one just great

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Had this one in my head for ages. Really like the song.
Love the lyrics
'don't let them say you ain't beautiful
they can all get ****ed just stay true to you'

Robbo

Reaction score
New Eminem music.

Two collabs

50 Cent x Eminem x Adam Levine - My Life

Skylar Grey x Eminem - C'mon Let Me Ride (Lyric Video)

ANTHEM

Reaction score
I liked one rap song my whole life which was from grand master flash which was titled jungle I think and after that it got not only boring but over commercial and worn out. And this emenim or whatever he calls himself promotes himself as a tough detroiter when he lived his whole life north of 8 mile/the burbs while I lived in the southwest and west sides of detroit and went to school back during the ybi(young boys incorporated) days fighting off muggers in and out of the school. All I ever wanted was to finally get out of the ghetto and have a decent life and not try to promote that culture. That's my 2 cents and flame at will.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I liked one rap song my whole life which was from grand master flash which was titled jungle I think and after that it got not only boring but over commercial and worn out. And this emenim or whatever he calls himself promotes himself as a tough detroiter when he lived his whole life north of 8 mile/the burbs while I lived in the southwest and west sides of detroit and went to school back during the ybi(young boys incorporated) days fighting off muggers in and out of the school. All I ever wanted was to finally get out of the ghetto and have a decent life and not try to promote that culture. That's my 2 cents and flame at will.

Not going to flame but have you ever listened to Eminem. He writes about domestic and personal issues and never went under the guise of being tough in a street way or gangster. If he rapped about being in gangs I'd see your point but that was way off base IMO. Plus just as much of is material is self parody or tongue in cheek. He balances a goofy pop image with a darker balance as well or better than any artist I've seen. You don't have to like how it sounds but fact to fact I have to say you are wrong about your points. If he has attitude it's no different than rockers who have the same over the top image. He just projects anger about things that piss him off like any other musician. I'd say your comments fit a rapper like 50 Cent way more than one like Eminem.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I also do not believe every artist who talks about the ghetto is always promoting it. It could be them expressing what they have had to deal with in such environments.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online